Rabid Elephant NATURAL GATE

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, Kent, Joe., luketeaford

BLogic12
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Rabid Elephant NATURAL GATE

Post by BLogic12 »

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

I just gotta say, I was skeptical for the first few years of this thing’s existence. The hype (from our end, I don’t feel like RE was hyping it), the price (even retail, not ridiculous Reverb prices), the scarcity….

But once I got it, I was totally sold. I have a few other LPG both vactrol based and not, and to me they just don’t measure up in comparison. NG just has a really satisfying sound to it. Add in the 3 “styles”, CV over 2 parameters, and of course, there’s 2 of everything in one module!

Anyway, just a fan letter….
Maybe you’d like to buy some of these nice used modules?

viewtopic.php?p=3730210&hilit=Lotsa#p3730210
Tarocco
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Tarocco »

Just got my preorder in so the wait begins.... I'll admit I've been suspicious of all the hype around this one, but the more demos I listened to the more I fell in love.
Kr0nus
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Kr0nus »

Once you set the hype aside it's still probably the best LPG you can source, but not /much/ more than that. It won't singlehandedly transport you to a small fireside cave in the wilds on a humid evening to listen to a percussive performance being delivered by wizened shaman, or not so that I've found. It is a really solid low-pass gate though, I have two.
sourceofuncertainty
Common Wiggler

Post by sourceofuncertainty »

Kr0nus wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:05 am It won't singlehandedly transport you to a small fireside cave in the wilds on a humid evening to listen to a percussive performance being delivered by wizened shaman, or not so that I've found.
But have you tried updating the firmware? I think you need the latest firmware for that feature.
Ears
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Ears »

Yes the new Fireside Cave firmware is the bomb. Like the first time I’ve experienced real ancient magic from elder sages in Eurorack. Probably using AI with telekinesis would be my guess since we know that magic and caves are fictional constructs of Debord’s spectacle.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”