Animal Factory Amplification

New Hosted Sub-Forum. Check it out here:
Not exactly a new manufacturer but new to us. Check out their pedal and eurorack product and extend them a welcome all the way to Mumbai!

Rabid Elephant NATURAL GATE

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, Kent, Joe., luketeaford

jD
Common Wiggler

Re: Rabid Elephant NATURAL GATE

Post by jD »

I sent RE my work address to send it to, anyways it sat in my apartment hallway for 3 weeks and no one yanked it. What a great module i must say
cbm
Eardrill

Post by cbm »

I asked them on Facebook if they were going to be able to ship more before Superbooth, and they said, “Yes! Been working hard to get all preorders out before I leave for SB.”
Chris Muir
Eardrill Archive - http://www.eardrill.com (on permanent vacation)
Ears
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Ears »

So are Portal Drum orders next?
SunSpots
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SunSpots »

Darn... I missed another wave by not seeing it in my email.
WTB: MPC X good condition, rabid elephants natural gate, Instruo Arhbar, Make Noise Shared System B/G plus
DreamFangs
Common Wiggler

Post by DreamFangs »

cbm wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:45 pm I asked them on Facebook if they were going to be able to ship more before Superbooth, and they said, “Yes! Been working hard to get all preorders out before I leave for SB.”
That's a bit of a relief to hear. I was playing it cool for a while, but the last few weeks after the first round I kept popping my email open *certain* I'd see that magical email with shipping info. Only to to come away dejected. Then I'd swing by this thread, try not to look at everyone else posting pics, stats, data, music and love poems about their new favorite module ever, and see if any others in my number range had gotten one.
so it goes.
aadamm
Common Wiggler

Post by aadamm »

They just keep sending me more. I have dozens of them now. Sorry folks.
fastlanestranger
Wiggling with Experience

Post by fastlanestranger »

aadamm wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:17 pm They just keep sending me more. I have dozens of them now. Sorry folks.
Hey if anyone had to be the one to receive all of them, I’m glad it was you.
DreamFangs
Common Wiggler

Post by DreamFangs »

aadamm wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:17 pm They just keep sending me more. I have dozens of them now. Sorry folks.
:lol: Bwahahahaaaa!! Nicely done.
so it goes.
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

If you look closely, I think you’ll find that one of them has my name on it…
Maybe you’d like to buy some of these nice used modules?

viewtopic.php?p=3730210&hilit=Lotsa#p3730210
adnauseam
Ultra Wiggler

Post by adnauseam »

So I've had my NG for a few weeks now and discovered something the other day:
Hitting it with a series of gates that's, at some point, TOO FAST, will result in the NG not triggering at all.

I know this isn't a vactrol emulation but damn..! I guess one could use it their advantage some how, to create some funky things. I guess one could always use the CTRL input instead to maybe have it hold from time to time.
ysitobo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ysitobo »

For everyone refreshing this thread to see which order numbers are going out: I received shipping email 5 minutes ago for Order #1856. 8-)
cbm
Eardrill

Post by cbm »

ysitobo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:49 am For everyone refreshing this thread to see which order numbers are going out: I received shipping email 5 minutes ago for Order #1856. 8-)
I'm only 8 behind you!
Chris Muir
prsmtt33
Learning to Wiggle

Post by prsmtt33 »

My NG has been shipped #1900
gran_syth
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gran_syth »

Isn't it a bit a shame that a thread about the module has become a order number display. I understand that one is waiting for a preordered module with some excitement, but useful posts on what the natural gate can do are getting lost.
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

Yep, what a shame…

Just got my tracking, #1848!
Maybe you’d like to buy some of these nice used modules?

viewtopic.php?p=3730210&hilit=Lotsa#p3730210
DreamFangs
Common Wiggler

Post by DreamFangs »

#1839 Checking in... I am go for NG!!

High fives on me all day.
so it goes.
cbm
Eardrill

Post by cbm »

gran_syth wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:56 am Isn't it a bit a shame that a thread about the module has become a order number display. I understand that one is waiting for a preordered module with some excitement, but useful posts on what the natural gate can do are getting lost.
Well, in many ways, it's all been said before - It's a low pass gate, but it doesn't use vactrols, and is more controllable. Once you read the Natural Gate web page, and watch a couple demos, all that's left is testimonials from users, of which there have been quite a few.

I'd rather see shipping notices than complaints about the price on the used market. Oh, and I got a tracking # for mine. ;)
Chris Muir
desolationjones
Veteran Wiggler

Post by desolationjones »

desolationjones wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:58 am Did you know that you can use NG like an ADSR by multing your gate to Hit and Control? Control trimmer sets sustain.
Quoting this lil' tip for you new NG owners. It's easy to forget this thing has more than pings...
gran_syth
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gran_syth »

cbm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:56 pm
gran_syth wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:56 am Isn't it a bit a shame that a thread about the module has become a order number display. I understand that one is waiting for a preordered module with some excitement, but useful posts on what the natural gate can do are getting lost.
Well, in many ways, it's all been said before - It's a low pass gate, but it doesn't use vactrols, and is more controllable. Once you read the Natural Gate web page, and watch a couple demos, all that's left is testimonials from users, of which there have been quite a few.

I'd rather see shipping notices than complaints about the price on the used market. Oh, and I got a tracking # for mine. ;)
I'd like to see whether some less obvious uses are possible, there is an obvious focus on percussive, but maybe some other more experimental integration into feedback loops etc? Anyway, yes, I got my # too, they must have sent out at least 70 units this time, if the numbers are right.
Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma »

I use mine as an eg all the time, even have them in my assimil8or and e301 to modulate both internal and external modules while still using the NG as an lpg
look up!
Black_Materia
Common Wiggler

Post by Black_Materia »

Lets try to get this thread back on the rails then :)

I've been lucky enough to snatch one from the previous batches ( though it also did cost me a bit more)

I absolutely adore this module. I had another jamsession the other day, and it is by far the best drum module i've ever owned. The way the envelope behaves and the different modes are just top notch. Some noise and a complex oscillator and ringmod, and all kinds of cool percussion comes out, sounding better than any dedicated snare or drum module I've yet tried or heard.

I also recorded some buffers into Arbhar's granular buffer, a hapi drum, tapping on various objects, a cello and bowing a cymbal. ( I mangled that last one through the MN Strega -think Bioshock's Delta moaning if you've ever played that game).

Pitching and granulizing those sounds with the lush reverb (that internal microphone is just amazingly good) and then re-synthesizing those into new percussion hits with the Natural gate. just stunning results.

It also does the best string-like plucks when paired with a wavetable oscillator, and using Generate 3's phase and through-zero being modulated with a sinewave incremented in semitones, you get the whole range of electric piano through kalimba onto clangorous, almost atonal bells.

And it does the punchiest bass plucks you can dream of.

So i hope all you folks waiting will have the same experience and enjoyment soon!
Mtdining
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Mtdining »

I've had great experiences with my E 352 and Shapeshifter. I'm looking forward to delving further.
tl3ss
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tl3ss »

I’d say the NG makes it into at least 50% of my tracks even after years of having it.
waveglider
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by waveglider »

Mine is permanently attached to my E370, I can’t believe how good this pairing is.
BLogic12
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BLogic12 »

tl3ss wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:34 pm I’d say the NG makes it into at least 50% of my tracks even after years of having it.
I’d say about 80% of mine!
Had it since first batch.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”