Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Post Reply
Granular
Common Wiggler
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: Switzerland (Bern)

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Granular » Wed May 13, 2020 2:16 pm

dcbb wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:28 am

Also, Harmonaig + switch is fun for generative patches with one programmed melody and a generative second voice.
These Sequential Switches are still kind of a Mystery to me :lol:

How would u use a SW with the Harmonaig?

User avatar
dcbb
Common Wiggler
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 am
Location: Berlin

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by dcbb » Wed May 13, 2020 2:32 pm

Granular wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:16 pm
dcbb wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:28 am

Also, Harmonaig + switch is fun for generative patches with one programmed melody and a generative second voice.
These Sequential Switches are still kind of a Mystery to me :lol:

How would u use a SW with the Harmonaig?
The idea is to arpeggiate the chord generated by the Harmonaig. So you feed the inputs of the switch with the notes and create the arpeggio by stepping through them using the switch, i.e. only sending one at a time to your voice.

Depending on the switch you use there are two options:

Some switches step on a gate or trigger. For this, I send the Harmonaig notes to a buffered mult first to get copies, and then I build the arpeggio quite literally with patch cables.

Other switches can be sequenced with CV, so I don't need to copy, but I can use a step sequencer to define the arpeggio by addressing the switch. Personally, I use the big Doepfer switch which supports both modes of operation.

MI Stages can also act as a switch. In one of the tracks above, Stages acts as a 2 way switch going over root and fifth, and simultaneously as a 3 way switch going over root, third and 7th of the chord. Each feed a VCO of a paraphonic voice.

User avatar
dcbb
Common Wiggler
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 am
Location: Berlin

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by dcbb » Wed May 13, 2020 2:45 pm

PS: These are some tracks made just with this technique and a Rings, which is quite nice as its pseudo-polyphonic and will let the notes ring out and you still hear the chords. I'm not so much into Rings any more, but you can get very musical with this combination.




Granular
Common Wiggler
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: Switzerland (Bern)

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Granular » Wed May 13, 2020 3:45 pm

Great!! Thank you for your detailed Explanation. That's why I love the Muffwiggler Community !!

User avatar
Peake
I'm in ur DIY. Filling cases with Buchla
Posts: 7897
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:00 pm
Location: Loss Angeles

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Peake » Wed May 13, 2020 3:53 pm

Good lord...skimming the thread titles in the recent threads feed and I read "harmony quantizer" as "hand sanitizer". Time for a nap.
This is not the place I'd imagined it to be.

User avatar
Chaklack
Common Wiggler
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Chaklack » Thu May 14, 2020 8:31 am

I am making a 40HP Melody-ish box with Harmonaig as the center piece.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1210602

I plan on using the a-180-4 as the buffer for my Keystep Pro and I wanted to be able also do random-ish melodies (with the random modules).

This will interface with my 9u.


Anyone have any suggestions or alterations?

User avatar
dcbb
Common Wiggler
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 am
Location: Berlin

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by dcbb » Thu May 14, 2020 8:59 am

I love Zadar for really long complex envelopes. It looks "presetty" at first, but it's much more flexible than you might think, and it can self modulate. Batumi could also be interesting (but I don't have one), replacing Pons Asinorum, but you have a tight HP limit here.

Repeating myself, I always enjoy arpeggiating Harmonaig outputs.

A sample and hold would probably be helpful to tie some of the modulation to the clock.

pelang
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:30 pm
Location: switzerland
Contact:

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by pelang » Thu May 14, 2020 9:54 am

synkrotron wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:59 am
Granular wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:30 am
Wow. Just beautiful. Would love to read some patchnotes.
Indeed... I also had a look around pelang's website while I was at it... Some quite impressive art installations there......
thanks !

patchnotes:
-harmonàig in play mode
-2x plaits (wavetable oscillator) and 1x tides (as oscillator) > big muff padel (distortion)
-AUX1 > Serge resEQ filterbank > OTO bam reverb
-AUX2 > AJH FFB 914 filterbank > magneto

User avatar
Chaklack
Common Wiggler
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Chaklack » Thu May 14, 2020 10:09 am

dcbb wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:59 am
I love Zadar for really long complex envelopes. It looks "presetty" at first, but it's much more flexible than you might think, and it can self modulate. Batumi could also be interesting (but I don't have one), replacing Pons Asinorum, but you have a tight HP limit here.

Repeating myself, I always enjoy arpeggiating Harmonaig outputs.

A sample and hold would probably be helpful to tie some of the modulation to the clock.
The arp idea is a GOOD one - can you recommend me a module you've enjoyed using for this purpose?

User avatar
dcbb
Common Wiggler
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 am
Location: Berlin

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by dcbb » Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 am

Chaklack wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:09 am
dcbb wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:59 am
I love Zadar for really long complex envelopes. It looks "presetty" at first, but it's much more flexible than you might think, and it can self modulate. Batumi could also be interesting (but I don't have one), replacing Pons Asinorum, but you have a tight HP limit here.

Repeating myself, I always enjoy arpeggiating Harmonaig outputs.

A sample and hold would probably be helpful to tie some of the modulation to the clock.
The arp idea is a GOOD one - can you recommend me a module you've enjoyed using for this purpose?
The module to use is a sequential switch. I use the Doepfer A-152, which is a large beast, but it has one advantage: You can either step through it with a clock, or you can address the steps with CV.

If you do the former, you hard-wire the arpeggio by patching up the switch. If you do the latter, you can use a sequencer or another voltage source to define the arpeggio. I enjoy having both options.

If you only want the CV way, I'd probably get the ALM Boss Bow Tie due to the smaller footprint, but I think it's getting rare.

Also, MI Stages, which is awesome for many reasons and functions, can be a simple switch, but only stepped and not event with reset. The cool thing about stages is that you can configure it to be, for example, one 2 step switch AND and 3 step switch at the same time. I've done this in one of the tracks above, going over root and 5th from Harmonaig for one VCO, and over root, 3rd and 7th for the other

Granular
Common Wiggler
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: Switzerland (Bern)

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Granular » Thu May 14, 2020 11:28 am

pelang wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:54 am

thanks !

patchnotes:
-harmonàig in play mode
-2x plaits (wavetable oscillator) and 1x tides (as oscillator) > big muff padel (distortion)
-AUX1 > Serge resEQ filterbank > OTO bam reverb
-AUX2 > AJH FFB 914 filterbank > magneto
Your Tracks remind of Tim Hecker :-)

Thank you for the Notes. I think I have to take a closer look to that Big Muff Pedal.

Gruss aus Bern :-)

User avatar
AbundantChoice
Common Wiggler
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by AbundantChoice » Fri May 22, 2020 11:55 pm

Chaklack wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:09 am
The arp idea is a GOOD one - can you recommend me a module you've enjoyed using for this purpose?
I've done similar things with switches in a few ways. The easier one is using a sequential switch (I use the Erica Synths v2 one): I like the Erica one because it's got a bunch of different patterns built in (fwd, bkwd, f2b1, pingpong, random, etc etc etc) so you can generate "different" arpeggios without needing to repatch any cables. You just set the switch trigger input to a clock divider of your choice, put the 4 harmonaig outputs into the switch inputs, send the output of the switch to the v/oct in on your osc and you're off to the races.

Another fun way to arpeggiate via Harmonaig is to sort of do the "opposite" of arpeggiation; assuming you've got four oscilators and are using the Root 3rd 5th 7th form the Harmonaig to drive them, use a quad attenuverter / mute along with a switch to "arpeggiate" a muted note within the chord so you might switch between R35 R57 R37 357, for example: you just use the switch to send a gate to "close" whatever note you want silenced (via muting or attenuverting) and cycle away. It's not really arpeggiation, and needs four oscillators, but it's a fun sound to experiment with especially if you start adding envelopes and whatnot.

Dsquid
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:44 am

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Dsquid » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:25 pm

synkrotron wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:04 am
Mannstrane wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:58 am
Got quantize to work! Jason had me clear the offsets by holding transpose and pressing C twice. I don't remember ever storing offsets originally. Thanks for everyone's help!
I'm glad I've seen this, so thanks to @dcbb for the bump.

I really must read the manual for Harmonaig as I had not been using it so much lately because of odd results. In fact I started to use separate quantisers and gates on the outputs, which is a bit mad really. And it's too good a module for leaving in the case and not using.

cheers

andy
I'm having similar problem here. I'm sequencing Harmonaig with a Synthstrom Deluge configured for 1v/oct. Even after fiddling with the attenuverter for an hour or two I can't get it to consistently step voltages as I would expect. With the attenuverter set to 12'oclock, I can sweep through a full octave on the sequencer without a change in voltage output by Harmonaig. If I turn the attenuverter clockwise (to positive direction), output cvs start changing with the sequence, but the interval changes aren't consistent with mode/scale I have dialed into Harmonaig (i.e., a whole step on deluge does not translate to a whole step on Harmonaig, sometimes there is no step, sometimes whole step instead of half, sometimes multiple steps instead of one whole, etc). Every now and then I can get the attenuverter dialed in just right, but it is super touchy, and an octave change on the Deluge or stray wind makes it start skipping steps again so this is not an effective solution.

I think the Deluge voltages are pretty spot on to begin with (feeding the cv directly into a the 1v/oct input on a tuned oscillator sounds pretty good), and if I plug the Deluge into any other quantizer I have in my system, it works as expected. So I don't think there are any problems w/ the Deluge output (and 1v/oct seems to be correct since the Harmonaig website claims a 20 octave range on -/+10 V input cv) . I've tried the offset reset as noted above, but no luck.

I will contact Jason, but just wondering if any one else having this issue knows of a fix?

Dsquid
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:44 am

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Dsquid » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Dsquid wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:25 pm
synkrotron wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:04 am
Mannstrane wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:58 am
Got quantize to work! Jason had me clear the offsets by holding transpose and pressing C twice. I don't remember ever storing offsets originally. Thanks for everyone's help!
I'm glad I've seen this, so thanks to @dcbb for the bump.

I really must read the manual for Harmonaig as I had not been using it so much lately because of odd results. In fact I started to use separate quantisers and gates on the outputs, which is a bit mad really. And it's too good a module for leaving in the case and not using.

cheers

andy
I'm having similar problem here. I'm sequencing Harmonaig with a Synthstrom Deluge configured for 1v/oct. Even after fiddling with the attenuverter for an hour or two I can't get it to consistently step voltages as I would expect. With the attenuverter set to 12'oclock, I can sweep through a full octave on the sequencer without a change in voltage output by Harmonaig. If I turn the attenuverter clockwise (to positive direction), output cvs start changing with the sequence, but the interval changes aren't consistent with mode/scale I have dialed into Harmonaig (i.e., a whole step on deluge does not translate to a whole step on Harmonaig, sometimes there is no step, sometimes whole step instead of half, sometimes multiple steps instead of one whole, etc). Every now and then I can get the attenuverter dialed in just right, but it is super touchy, and an octave change on the Deluge or stray wind makes it start skipping steps again so this is not an effective solution.

I think the Deluge voltages are pretty spot on to begin with (feeding the cv directly into a the 1v/oct input on a tuned oscillator sounds pretty good), and if I plug the Deluge into any other quantizer I have in my system, it works as expected. So I don't think there are any problems w/ the Deluge output (and 1v/oct seems to be correct since the Harmonaig website claims a 20 octave range on -/+10 V input cv) . I've tried the offset reset as noted above, but no luck.

I will contact Jason, but just wondering if any one else having this issue knows of a fix?
Never mind I’m an idiot :hmm:
It was a combo of, A. Some strange offsets being saved despite this being brand new, and B. Me not understanding how the attenuverter worked.

To get working as expected I had to do the offset reset (hold transpose button and press c twice as noted above) and turn the attenuverter fully CW. Now working awesome and as expected :)

User avatar
lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 5770
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:00 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by lisa » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:35 am

Sending the harmonàig a random voltage and letting it pick the chords:


User avatar
NearTao
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:27 pm
Location: Nashua, NH
Contact:

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by NearTao » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am

lisa wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:35 am
Sending the harmonàig a random voltage and letting it pick the chords:

I am not entirely sure what I just watched, but the music was great and I'm now ready to go back to work with a weird smile. Thanks for sharing!

User avatar
lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 5770
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:00 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by lisa » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:58 pm

NearTao wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am
I am not entirely sure what I just watched, but the music was great and I'm now ready to go back to work with a weird smile. Thanks for sharing!
:hihi: Yeah, those Mvgen videos are a bit.. feverish. Thank you very much for listening!
I made this techno remix of an ambient/downtempo track. 🧉


User avatar
Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 7423
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 am
Location: Captain Of Outer Space

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:03 pm

NearTao wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am
lisa wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:35 am
Sending the harmonàig a random voltage and letting it pick the chords:

I am not entirely sure what I just watched, but the music was great and I'm now ready to go back to work with a weird smile. Thanks for sharing!
Yea, kind of like those videos by that cat "Jexus" (aka "WC Olo Garb").
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (presented for your entertainment) https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=

Never Quit, Die Falling Forward.

peachesandbacon
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:27 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by peachesandbacon » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:05 am

dcbb wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:32 pm
Granular wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:16 pm
dcbb wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:28 am

Also, Harmonaig + switch is fun for generative patches with one programmed melody and a generative second voice.
These Sequential Switches are still kind of a Mystery to me :lol:

How would u use a SW with the Harmonaig?
The idea is to arpeggiate the chord generated by the Harmonaig. So you feed the inputs of the switch with the notes and create the arpeggio by stepping through them using the switch, i.e. only sending one at a time to your voice.

Depending on the switch you use there are two options:

Some switches step on a gate or trigger. For this, I send the Harmonaig notes to a buffered mult first to get copies, and then I build the arpeggio quite literally with patch cables.

Other switches can be sequenced with CV, so I don't need to copy, but I can use a step sequencer to define the arpeggio by addressing the switch. Personally, I use the big Doepfer switch which supports both modes of operation.

MI Stages can also act as a switch. In one of the tracks above, Stages acts as a 2 way switch going over root and fifth, and simultaneously as a 3 way switch going over root, third and 7th of the chord. Each feed a VCO of a paraphonic voice.
Would the new Boss Bow Two by ALM be a good candidate for this task?
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/alm-busy- ... ss-bow-two

1960strat
Common Wiggler
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:51 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by 1960strat » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:23 am

I have one of these incoming and def will incorporate some of the ideas you guys have posted here... good stuff

User avatar
dcbb
Common Wiggler
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 am
Location: Berlin

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by dcbb » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:46 am

peachesandbacon wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:05 am
dcbb wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:32 pm
Granular wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:16 pm
dcbb wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:28 am

Also, Harmonaig + switch is fun for generative patches with one programmed melody and a generative second voice.
These Sequential Switches are still kind of a Mystery to me :lol:

How would u use a SW with the Harmonaig?
The idea is to arpeggiate the chord generated by the Harmonaig. So you feed the inputs of the switch with the notes and create the arpeggio by stepping through them using the switch, i.e. only sending one at a time to your voice.

Depending on the switch you use there are two options:

Some switches step on a gate or trigger. For this, I send the Harmonaig notes to a buffered mult first to get copies, and then I build the arpeggio quite literally with patch cables.

Other switches can be sequenced with CV, so I don't need to copy, but I can use a step sequencer to define the arpeggio by addressing the switch. Personally, I use the big Doepfer switch which supports both modes of operation.

MI Stages can also act as a switch. In one of the tracks above, Stages acts as a 2 way switch going over root and fifth, and simultaneously as a 3 way switch going over root, third and 7th of the chord. Each feed a VCO of a paraphonic voice.
Would the new Boss Bow Two by ALM be a good candidate for this task?
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/alm-busy- ... ss-bow-two
Oh, nice! This will certainly do the trick at much less HP than the Dopfer one. Not sure whether you can easily limit the number of steps in clock mode, though. On the Doepfer, just just connect the step gate to reset.

As usual with modules, I think each does some things the other does not, but looks like a great slim module and it will certainly work for arpeggiating the Harmoniag!

Kawouddd
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:09 am

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Kawouddd » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:49 pm

Dsquid wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:17 pm
Dsquid wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:25 pm
synkrotron wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:04 am
Mannstrane wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:58 am
Got quantize to work! Jason had me clear the offsets by holding transpose and pressing C twice. I don't remember ever storing offsets originally. Thanks for everyone's help!
I'm glad I've seen this, so thanks to @dcbb for the bump.

I really must read the manual for Harmonaig as I had not been using it so much lately because of odd results. In fact I started to use separate quantisers and gates on the outputs, which is a bit mad really. And it's too good a module for leaving in the case and not using.

cheers

andy
I'm having similar problem here. I'm sequencing Harmonaig with a Synthstrom Deluge configured for 1v/oct. Even after fiddling with the attenuverter for an hour or two I can't get it to consistently step voltages as I would expect. With the attenuverter set to 12'oclock, I can sweep through a full octave on the sequencer without a change in voltage output by Harmonaig. If I turn the attenuverter clockwise (to positive direction), output cvs start changing with the sequence, but the interval changes aren't consistent with mode/scale I have dialed into Harmonaig (i.e., a whole step on deluge does not translate to a whole step on Harmonaig, sometimes there is no step, sometimes whole step instead of half, sometimes multiple steps instead of one whole, etc). Every now and then I can get the attenuverter dialed in just right, but it is super touchy, and an octave change on the Deluge or stray wind makes it start skipping steps again so this is not an effective solution.

I think the Deluge voltages are pretty spot on to begin with (feeding the cv directly into a the 1v/oct input on a tuned oscillator sounds pretty good), and if I plug the Deluge into any other quantizer I have in my system, it works as expected. So I don't think there are any problems w/ the Deluge output (and 1v/oct seems to be correct since the Harmonaig website claims a 20 octave range on -/+10 V input cv) . I've tried the offset reset as noted above, but no luck.

I will contact Jason, but just wondering if any one else having this issue knows of a fix?
Never mind I’m an idiot :hmm:
It was a combo of, A. Some strange offsets being saved despite this being brand new, and B. Me not understanding how the attenuverter worked.

To get working as expected I had to do the offset reset (hold transpose button and press c twice as noted above) and turn the attenuverter fully CW. Now working awesome and as expected :)
I’m yet another new harmonaig owner hitting this wall 😂

I’ve tried clearing offsets repeatedly. Not working yet.

Think I’ll give up for tonight and try again tomorrow...

Kawouddd
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:09 am

Re: First look at the Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by Kawouddd » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:38 pm

Oh, no, it didn’t 🤦‍♂️ I had no audio out and had forgotten to plug my kB back into the 1v/Oct 🤦‍♂️ So it is perhaps unsurprising that the chord stayed on C across five octaves 🤦‍♂️

Now it’s plugged in again, we’re back to switching to a B half way up / down the range *sigh*

peachesandbacon
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:27 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by peachesandbacon » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:19 am

So, I've had a harmonaig for a while now, and I'm really enjoying it.
There is however one small thing that I expected to be able to do, and it doesn't seem to.

I'm running a pitch sequence from my sequencer into the input, and then back out of the root output into the v/oct in on my oscillator.
I was hoping to be able to jump into performance mode on the harmonaig and shift the whole sequence around when I tap the different note keys, but it just plays the root note and the same note an octave higher, and all the other pitches don't play.

Does this mode only really work when there's chords going and the other outputs are in use? Or am I missing something?

It would be lovely to be able to use performance mode to transpose the sequence around on the fly.

User avatar
TEKBRAIN
Common Wiggler
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:11 pm
Location: Québec

Re: Instruo Harmonàig harmony quantizer

Post by TEKBRAIN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:06 am

peachesandbacon wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:19 am
So, I've had a harmonaig for a while now, and I'm really enjoying it.
There is however one small thing that I expected to be able to do, and it doesn't seem to.

I'm running a pitch sequence from my sequencer into the input, and then back out of the root output into the v/oct in on my oscillator.
I was hoping to be able to jump into performance mode on the harmonaig and shift the whole sequence around when I tap the different note keys, but it just plays the root note and the same note an octave higher, and all the other pitches don't play.

Does this mode only really work when there's chords going and the other outputs are in use? Or am I missing something?

It would be lovely to be able to use performance mode to transpose the sequence around on the fly.
You could try to send the sequencer into v / oct of the oscillator and the root output of the Harmonàig into the non attenuated FM input of your oscillator when you are in performance mode.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”