XOR electronics NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by firestARTer » Mon May 17, 2021 3:28 pm

Xssory wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:04 pm
I can't seem to figure out how to set up polyphonic midi recording on modular channels 1-6, the MIDI input/recording setup section of the manual doesn't seem to describe this. Anyone have a hint on how to get this going?
Latest Firmware I assume?

Set like Midi Channel 1 to Track 1 Record. Then in the track setup of Track 1 you define how many voices polyphony you want to have.
That's it. Each (poly) track you want to record needs a pattern of course.
NerdSEQ - one of the most advanced Eurorack Sequencers
https://www.xor-electronics.com

Xssory
Common Wiggler

Post by Xssory » Mon May 17, 2021 3:30 pm

"Set like Midi Channel 1 to Track 1 Record. Then in the track setup of Track 1 you define how many voices polyphony you want to have.
That's it. Each (poly) track you want to record needs a pattern of course."

perfect! Thanks a ton for the quick answer :)

Jturbide
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jturbide » Sat May 22, 2021 10:52 am

How do I setup the nerdseq to be the master clock? I'm trying to send clock from Nerdseq to Pachinko and/or Octocontroller but it is clearly not synced and seem to start a bit late. Clock in is set to internal and clock out is set to mod 1/16.

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Sat May 22, 2021 11:24 am

Jturbide wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:52 am
How do I setup the nerdseq to be the master clock? I'm trying to send clock from Nerdseq to Pachinko and/or Octocontroller but it is clearly not synced and seem to start a bit late. Clock in is set to internal and clock out is set to mod 1/16.
Clock In is set up fine. Clock out as well if you use 1/16 clock. When you connect clock and reset it should all work fine. The thing is being reset on sequencer stop. And from that point, when you start all got to be in synch. Else check your follower settings for sure.

Jturbide
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jturbide » Sat May 22, 2021 11:29 am

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I was simply patching a cable from clock out to the ext clock in of my other module. Are you saying I'm not doing it right? I am still quite new to modular and nerdseq is my first and only sequencer so I might be missing something basic here. I have to patch something in the reset out (or in)? Thr settings on pachinko (there are none really, just clock in) and Octocontroller (I did some research and scrolled the manual) should be good.

Edit:
Might have found the problem! Is the groove supposed to be set to 6? I got my nerdseq used and the groove was set to 7, I noticed the top of the screen cue pointa were not synced with my 1rst step kick. It was like drifting. Now that I set the groove to 6 it seems like it is synced. Does that make sense or am I fucking this up even more? :hihi:

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Sat May 22, 2021 1:06 pm

Jturbide wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:29 am
Thanks very much for the quick reply. I was simply patching a cable from clock out to the ext clock in of my other module. Are you saying I'm not doing it right? I am still quite new to modular and nerdseq is my first and only sequencer so I might be missing something basic here. I have to patch something in the reset out (or in)? Thr settings on pachinko (there are none really, just clock in) and Octocontroller (I did some research and scrolled the manual) should be good.

Edit:
Might have found the problem! Is the groove supposed to be set to 6? I got my nerdseq used and the groove was set to 7, I noticed the top of the screen cue pointa were not synced with my 1rst step kick. It was like drifting. Now that I set the groove to 6 it seems like it is synced. Does that make sense or am I fucking this up even more? :hihi:
Oh yes. 6 is the correct setting for a 1/16.
Didn’t consider that you changed that.

Jturbide
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jturbide » Sat May 22, 2021 1:13 pm

firestARTer wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 1:06 pm
Jturbide wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:29 am

Edit:
Oh yes. 6 is the correct setting for a 1/16.
Didn’t consider that you changed that.
Haha great thanks! With something as powerful as the nerdseq there is alot that can be set wrong ;) :lol:

kriskeyman
Common Wiggler

Post by kriskeyman » Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 am

Is it possible to multiply x2 or more the clock out of nerdseq?

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Mon May 24, 2021 3:32 am

kriskeyman wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 am
The clock out can do also a x6 clock which would be 24ppqn. You could divide that externally.
Else you could make a sequence to generate different clocks on a gate/trigger output.

kriskeyman
Common Wiggler

Post by kriskeyman » Tue May 25, 2021 12:18 am

firestARTer wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:32 am
kriskeyman wrote:
The clock out can do also a x6 clock which would be 24ppqn. You could divide that externally.
Else you could make a sequence to generate different clocks on a gate/trigger output.
Thanks for the reply! For Clock OUT I only see the following options…

MOD 1/16 (default)
DIN-SYNC24

Is din-sync24 the x6 clock you are referring to?

kriskeyman
Common Wiggler

Post by kriskeyman » Tue May 25, 2021 12:24 am

ch3oh
Common Wiggler

Post by ch3oh » Tue May 25, 2021 4:19 am

kriskeyman wrote:
I use a short click sample on track/output 8 to drive a part of my system with *2 clock. This way you can have any division / multiplication of the clock imaginable, swung clock, random triggers etc. You can also time the clock changes to the main grid.

The click I use is in the attachment. You might need to play with the pitch of the sample to get reliable triggering of other modules.
Attachments
click10ms_inv.wav
(2.63 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

megarat
Veteran Wiggler

Post by megarat » Tue May 25, 2021 10:54 am

ch3oh wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:19 am
kriskeyman wrote:
I use a short click sample on track/output 8 to drive a part of my system with *2 clock. This way you can have any division / multiplication of the clock imaginable, swung clock, random triggers etc. You can also time the clock changes to the main grid.

The click I use is in the attachment. You might need to play with the pitch of the sample to get reliable triggering of other modules.
Terrific idea, thanks for sharing.

lomma-kommun
Common Wiggler

Post by lomma-kommun » Wed May 26, 2021 3:43 am

Community Halp pliz!
I want to record CV + Gate/Triger Notes From my keyboard. And pass to cv and trigger out.
It works exept that the pitch is in a crazy scale. One octave on the keyboard equals something like 8 Octaves on the nerdseq. In other words, if i press a C1 key, B1 is recorded and if i press B1, E1 is recorded and passed to my oscillator.
When i plug the keyboard CV to the oscillator it tracks perfect.

Settings in input record setup is:
Live input: ON
Input 1 Live: Pass to CV6
Input 2 Live: Pass to trig 6
Input 1 Record: CV Note+Gate6
Inpus 2 Record: ^TR/GT DLY 0ms

I've updated the module. And red the manual. And googled :(

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Wed May 26, 2021 3:48 am

lomma-kommun wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 3:43 am
Community Halp pliz!
I want to record CV + Gate/Triger Notes From my keyboard. And pass to cv and trigger out.
It works exept that the pitch is in a crazy scale. One octave on the keyboard equals something like 8 Octaves on the nerdseq. In other words, if i press a C1 key, B1 is recorded and if i press B1, E1 is recorded and passed to my oscillator.
When i plug the keyboard CV to the oscillator it tracks perfect.

Settings in input record setup is:
Live input: ON
Input 1 Live: Pass to CV6
Input 2 Live: Pass to trig 6
Inpus 2 Record: ^TR/GT DLY 0ms

I've updated the module. And red the manual. And googled :(
Sounds like your inputs are not calibrated. And what keyboard do you use?

lomma-kommun
Common Wiggler

Post by lomma-kommun » Wed May 26, 2021 4:09 am

firestARTer wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 3:48 am
Aha! I'll try that. Thank you!
Arturia Microbrute

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Wed May 26, 2021 4:41 am

lomma-kommun wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:09 am
firestARTer wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 3:48 am
Aha! I'll try that. Thank you!
Arturia Microbrute
OK, not sure about the microbrute, but the keystep got a issue (or feature) with CV + Gate because there is a slew in the CV voltage and it always takes 5 milliseconds until the Voltage is stable after the Gate appeared. Might be also here an issue. For this you would need to enable the compensation on the nerdSEQ.
Inpus 2 Record: ^TR/GT DLY 0ms <- this can be changed to compensate a probably delayed CV signal. Change to 5ms for example with a keystep. For microbrute..you got to test it.

lomma-kommun
Common Wiggler

Post by lomma-kommun » Thu May 27, 2021 12:42 pm

firestARTer wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:41 am
OK, not sure about the microbrute, but the keystep got a issue (or feature) with CV + Gate because there is a slew in the CV voltage and it always takes 5 milliseconds until the Voltage is stable after the Gate appeared. Might be also here an issue. For this you would need to enable the compensation on the nerdSEQ.
Inpus 2 Record: ^TR/GT DLY 0ms <- this can be changed to compensate a probably delayed CV signal. Change to 5ms for example with a keystep. For microbrute..you got to test it.
The caliberation fixed it! :)
i'll try to compensate for the delay.
Thanks for sooper service :sb:

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Thu May 27, 2021 1:01 pm

lomma-kommun wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:42 pm
firestARTer wrote:
You're welcome. Just about the delay compensation, I am only aware about that with the keystep.

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Fri May 28, 2021 3:31 am

firestARTer wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:01 pm
lomma-kommun wrote:
firestARTer wrote:
You're welcome. Just about the delay compensation, I am only aware about that with the keystep.
I borrowed a microbrute from a friend and i can confirm that it doesn't have the same issue as the keystep.
With the microbrute, the CV voltage is stable 500uS before the gate raises which is perfect. So no delay compensation with the NerdSEQ is needed.

Ushijima
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Ushijima » Fri May 28, 2021 3:51 am

firestARTer wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:01 pm
lomma-kommun wrote:
firestARTer wrote:
I might give a try to the delay compensation with my stillson hammer I feel like it doesn’t track well or there are some kind of issue coming from the SH itself.

petejm
Wiggling with Experience

Post by petejm » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:51 pm

hello,

should i be able to get -5 to +5 voltage swing output using the LFO's?

I've routed 2 LFO's to track 6's CV & MOD outputs, full amplitude (0xf7) but only getting the top half of the sine wave from 0..5v when the offset switch is to the right. if the switch is to the left, then i still only get the top half of the wave but now from -5..0 volts.

it's the same on each output. looks like the sine is getting clamped if below zero.

:hmm:

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:05 pm

petejm wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:51 pm
hello,

I've routed 2 LFO's to track 6's CV & MOD outputs, full amplitude (0xf7) but only getting the top half of the sine wave from 0..5v when the offset switch is to the right. if the switch is to the left, then i still only get the top half of the wave but now from -5..0 volts.

it's the same on each output. looks like the sine is getting clamped if below zero.

The automators are bipolar and added to the outputs. If the output is set to 0 then only the upper half can be added as the signal can't go lower than 0.
If you want to use the full range then you either set the outputs to C-5 or half pitch value (800).
Else you can use the offset setting in the automator which adds or subtracts an offset.

petejm
Wiggling with Experience

Post by petejm » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:36 pm

firestARTer wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:05 pm
petejm wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:51 pm
hello,

The automators are bipolar and added to the outputs. If the output is set to 0 then only the upper half can be added as the signal can't go lower than 0.
If you want to use the full range then you either set the outputs to C-5 or half pitch value (800).
Else you can use the offset setting in the automator which adds or subtracts an offset.
Ah, okay thanks!

Fyde
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Fyde » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:22 am

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a deep sequencer with good recording capabilities, I'm considering the Nerdseq and the Hermod but regarding the Nerdseq I can't find information about a few things that I need.
Is it possible to record multiple modulation sources other than CV and GATE? For example I'm planning to also record the pressure CV from the Doboz TSNM mkII. I watched a video showing the recording process with the CV expander but it's not clear if it's only for polyphony or also for modulation.
I know that the CV would only fit in the tracker's rows so it wouldn't have a high resolution but I was hoping to use the glide function to smooth things out, how well does that work?
I'm leaning slightly towards the Hermod because it has dedicated velocity and aftertouch tracks so it would be perfect for this, but I really love how deep the Nerdseq is so I'm really trying to make this work lol

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”