Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

m12386
Common Wiggler

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by m12386 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Kosmikos wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:35 pm
m12386 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:27 pm
I believe Thonk is having a sale or it might have passed already.
That was on the page before, ended on Wednesday. :hihi:
I’ve received my order, but one of the modules went out of stock by the time I reached the checkout :bang:
Ah, my bad.
That sucks. I was worried about that happening to me. I ordered a ton of knobs.

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:43 am

Still some insane deals to be had in my sale. Sold quite a lot of stuff now, so may well be ending it soon.
A bunch of stuff reduced to pretty much cost price! ;)
https://matttechmodular.co.uk/sale/

liquid_bard
Learning to Wiggle

Post by liquid_bard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:20 pm

If only you shipped outside uk... :(

xcc
Ultra Wiggler

Post by xcc » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:12 pm

liquid_bard wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:20 pm
I know right? Such a geologist.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:00 am

matttech wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:43 am
Still some insane deals to be had in my sale. Sold quite a lot of stuff now, so may well be ending it soon.
Yes… come on. Australia is only half way around the world!!!

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:45 am

cackland wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:00 am
matttech wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:43 am
Yes… come on. Australia is only half way around the world!!!
I can probably ship to Australia actually - drop me an email if you're after something specific and I can give you a shipping quote. Just sent some stuff to New Zealand recently.

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:47 am

liquid_bard wrote:
depends where you are. Not doing EU, US or Canada right now...but starting to open up other countries on a case-by-case basis

AndrewSouthworth
Common Wiggler

Post by AndrewSouthworth » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 pm

matttech wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:47 am
liquid_bard wrote:
depends where you are. Not doing EU, US or Canada right now...but starting to open up other countries on a case-by-case basis
Why don't you ship to the EU, US or Canada?

liquid_bard
Learning to Wiggle

Post by liquid_bard » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:12 pm

Delete

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:14 am

AndrewSouthworth wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 pm
matttech wrote:
liquid_bard wrote:
EU - I used to ship there plenty pre-brexit, but since jan 1st it has become increasingly harder due to not only new brexit regs, but also huge reforms of the VAT on sales and imports which kicked in on july 1st and are still pretty unclear many months later. I also hit some hefty roadblocks with regard to signing up to HMRC customs systems which derailed any plans to restart EU sales for several months....and when I eventually got past those (none were my fault) I discovered all the new VAT reforms were coming down the tracks in a few months' time.
Basically, I'm currently waiting until all the dust has settled to re-evaluate it all.

US & Canada - unfortunately due to restrictions placed by our business insurance policy it is not possible to ship or sell to the USA or Canada.
Believe you me, if it was easy to remedy this we would have done it ages ago…but it makes my head hurt just looking at the additional paperwork involved! I *may* have another look into it next year though, if I don't reopen EU sales.

For a business my size - essentially ME doing everything - you sometimes have to make strategic decisions unless you want to work yourself into an early grave ;)

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:37 am

matttech wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:14 am
AndrewSouthworth wrote:
matttech wrote:
liquid_bard wrote:
EU - I used to ship there plenty pre-brexit, but since jan 1st it has become increasingly harder due to not only new brexit regs, but also huge reforms of the VAT on sales and imports which kicked in on july 1st and are still pretty unclear many months later. I also hit some hefty roadblocks with regard to accessing new HMRC customs systems which derailed any plans to restart EU sales for several months....and when I eventually got past those (none were my fault) I discovered all the new VAT reforms were coming down the tracks in a few months' time.
Basically, I'm currently waiting until all the dust has settled to re-evaluate it all.

US & Canada - unfortunately due to restrictions placed by our business insurance policy it is not possible to ship or sell to the USA or Canada.
Believe you me, if it was easy to remedy this we would have done it ages ago…but it makes my head hurt just looking at the additional paperwork involved! I *may* have another look into it next year though, if I don't reopen EU sales.

For a business my size - essentially ME doing everything - you sometimes have to make strategic decisions unless you want to work yourself into an early grave ;)

AndrewSouthworth
Common Wiggler

Post by AndrewSouthworth » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:21 am

matttech wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:14 am
AndrewSouthworth wrote:
matttech wrote:
liquid_bard wrote:
EU - I used to ship there plenty pre-brexit, but since jan 1st it has become increasingly harder due to not only new brexit regs, but also huge reforms of the VAT on sales and imports which kicked in on july 1st and are still pretty unclear many months later. I also hit some hefty roadblocks with regard to signing up to HMRC customs systems which derailed any plans to restart EU sales for several months....and when I eventually got past those (none were my fault) I discovered all the new VAT reforms were coming down the tracks in a few months' time.

Makes sense. I'm in the US and I remember when I first started my online business I considered trying to block the EU for their insane policies, ended up figuring it out and keeping them but i'm doing digital products. If I was doing physical products I probably would have excluded a lot of the world too - international shipping is kind of a hot mess.

I still find VAT confusing as hell though. As far as I can tell there is a threshold around $80k where if you're under that you don't have to worry about collecting VAT, but each country also has its own rules and now the UK isn't in the EU and is changing their rules... gah. Glad 90% of my customers are in the US. Never expected as a small online-only business owner in the US i'd have to learn so much about international tax policies.

So I feel your pain haha.

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:19 pm

well, there is a 80,000 (or so) threshold before you have to register for VAT in the UK, but that's in Pounds not dollars...and isn't related to exporting really. there used to be specific "distance selling" thresholds for each EU country, after which you had to register for VAT in those countries as well...but that's all changed again this year, and there's now an EU-wide threshold of €10,000. There are also 2 completely different systems for shipments under €150 and shipment over €150, just to make things even more impenetrable!

I'm going to come back to it all once it all settles down eventually...

Whatisvalis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Whatisvalis » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:15 am

Anyone got a PC code that works?

dip_registered
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dip_registered » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:30 pm

Whatisvalis wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:15 am
Lol I just jumped on to ask the same thing. Do they have any lying about, or can you still get a code with a newsletter sign up? I don’t think so. Might just have to wait until Black Friday! Or Halloween?

Honestly living in CA with CA tax makes me not order from PC or AH… not at least until they have a sale. It’s just plain cheaper ordering from out of the state like from Detroit Modular who have free shipping.
WTB: Schippmann Omega Phi, Metasonix TX-3

AMillionMonkeys
Common Wiggler

Post by AMillionMonkeys » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:03 pm

dip_registered wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:30 pm
Whatisvalis wrote:
Lol I just jumped on to ask the same thing. Do they have any lying about, or can you still get a code with a newsletter sign up? I don’t think so. Might just have to wait until Black Friday! Or Halloween?

Honestly living in CA with CA tax makes me not order from PC or AH… not at least until they have a sale. It’s just plain cheaper ordering from out of the state like from Detroit Modular who have free shipping.
If you have a gmail account, you can append the portion before the @ by adding a + character and some alphanumeric characters.

For example, if your email is example@gmail.com, you could use example+newpccode@gmail.com and example+newerpccode@gmail.com.

I’ve been using this trick for years to track spammers. You can figure out where they got the address if you use a unique suffix for each service you sign up for.

I can’t remember if I’ve tested it with PC but it will almost definitely work.

proxy
Common Wiggler

Post by proxy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:09 pm

Whatisvalis wrote:
I honestly call them whenever I'm shopping and talk about what I want and then ask if they can give me a code, they usually do. Try calling them! Super friendly in my experience.

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

EsquireKnight
Common Wiggler

Post by EsquireKnight » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:25 am

dip_registered wrote:
Whatisvalis wrote:

Don't forget DM also has 10% off coupons that rarely get deactivated. I'm still using the one from Labor Day for the past few orders (on top of saving on sales tax).
la cuadrícula de los sintetizadores modulares https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1338958

Aleksey
Common Wiggler

Post by Aleksey » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:49 pm

Control's LABOR10 still works as well. Just ordered a BIA since they got stock today.

skysaw
Common Wiggler

Post by skysaw » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:42 am

Aleksey wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:49 pm
Control's LABOR10 still works as well. Just ordered a BIA since they got stock today.
Thanks for that! Just used it to pick up a RND STEP. Enjoy the BIA!

proxy
Common Wiggler

Post by proxy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:31 pm

Following up to verify that if you just call Perfect Circuit and ask nicely if they have a coupon they can give you they will generate one for you. Got 10% off my Schlappi Interstellar Radio and Doepfer Wasp! Arrives Monday!

deftinwulf
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deftinwulf » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:02 am

I can confirm that Labor Day code "LD10" is still working at Detroit Modular, for those interested. :tu:

acgenerator
Ultra Wiggler

Post by acgenerator » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:08 pm

dip_registered wrote:
Whatisvalis wrote:

they killed "Thanks10" but are able to generate a new one-time code upon request. I also found out that items that don't have "Low Prices Guarantee" are not coupon eligible regardless if they are on the list of excluded brands or marked "New"
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (25.02 KiB) Viewed 619 times

Electro Something
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Electro Something » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:52 pm

acgenerator wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:08 pm
they killed "Thanks10"
crap, i've been using that code forever. :confused:

gloamtrotter
Common Wiggler

Post by gloamtrotter » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:48 pm

proxy wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:31 pm
Following up to verify that if you just call Perfect Circuit and ask nicely if they have a coupon they can give you they will generate one for you. Got 10% off my Schlappi Interstellar Radio and Doepfer Wasp! Arrives Monday!
A while back I emailed them asking the same and they gave me a one time code for 5%, which was nice but I ended up buying everything used over the course of a few months instead. That's what I should have been doing anyway.

Can confirm that LABOR10 for Control in Brooklyn is still working as of two days ago.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”