Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

MORDAX : DATA - Now available for pre-order

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

kingsmore
Common Wiggler

Re: MORDAX : DATA - Now available for pre-order

Post by kingsmore » Fri May 14, 2021 7:57 am

although i think a lot of people said too much...it does feel like a default state and a quad tuner/quantizer should be a priority.

Does anyone know if there would be a way to record the oscilloscope screen direct to computer? Just an idea

KitKatAndy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KitKatAndy » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:00 am

Deleted
Last edited by KitKatAndy on Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

KitKatAndy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KitKatAndy » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:03 am

jollyjack wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:41 am
I would assume 90% of users got the module mainly for the oscilloscope mode, and are pretty happy with that feature alone. Can't imagine anyone is impatiently waiting to use it as a sequencer. There's an abundance of dedicated modules for that already. UI improvements should definitely be higher on the priority list in my opinion, as it's basically the only thing people are requesting here, or at least the vast majority of them. And it's really no surprise because it's what affects everyone, regardless of use case. Sadly the answer is usually "Try this impractical workaround" or "It's supposed to work like that" (paraphrasing, obviously).
I don't want to put pressure on Mr. Fessler/Mordax as I don't have any insight in his/their daily dealings (personal or company-related) but there seems to be a clear disconnect between what he wants and what customers are asking for. He might have a very specific idea of how he wants the module to function and what he wants to focus on, but to give users more options to customize it to their needs would only benefit everyone (as long as it's reasonably simple to implement). Not every request can be fulfilled of course, but I've seen the same few requests for years now.
Agree on that! Start-up Data how I left it would be an essential feature! Maybe there is a major problem we all don´t know about to implementing this, but it seems not to complicated from outside. Maybe Mordax decide to let Data go "open-source" one day... - maybe only the software - there would be for sure a lot of support and new feature within a few months I estimate from users all over the world.

daveholiday
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:35 pm

I have got a DATA in need of repair. I have sent a couple "contact" messages from the Mordax site but haven't heard anything back. Anyone have a better method of contact?
It is all shits and giggles,

until somebody giggles and shits.

Stuff for sale: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=251468

thelowerrhythm
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thelowerrhythm » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:50 pm

daveholiday wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:35 pm
I have got a DATA in need of repair. I have sent a couple "contact" messages from the Mordax site but haven't heard anything back. Anyone have a better method of contact?
I emailed them about availability and didn't hear back, so I went ahead and just ordered direct. Got an email saying I'd be notified of shipping, which then didn't come either. But it showed up in two days. /shrug
"Ah yeah, you’ve got that strange blend of apathy and self-flagellation that somehow gets you where you want to go."

***Note: if you're reading a post of mine, there is a 45.67% chance I asked a stupid question because I got excited and didn't properly google something.

bfessler
Common Wiggler

Post by bfessler » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:24 pm

daveholiday wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:35 pm
Sorry, I’m shit at keeping up with emails!

Are you the person who emailed about the DATA getting fried with 15V on the 5V rail, sent two messages:
-Thursday June 24, 3:36 PM
-Monday June 27, 9:09 AM

If so, then check your inbox, cuz I just hit you back :tu:
And if that’s not you then please email me again, I don’t know if I got it :despair:

thelowerrhythm wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:50 pm
I emailed them about availability and didn't hear back, so I went ahead and just ordered direct. Got an email saying I'd be notified of shipping, which then didn't come either. But it showed up in two days. /shrug
Yup, I see that one now, sorry! And the shipping notification emails are auto generated the second I print the shipping label with our system (I know cuz I get a copy send to me too). Likely that ended up in your email’s SPAM folder, as auto-gen mass messages often get snagged there. Glad your DATA got to you quickly though, enjoy! ;)

OMG it's so fucking hot in Portland right now !!! :deadbanana:
MORDAX - Modular Synthesis Systems

www.mordax.net

thelowerrhythm
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thelowerrhythm » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:51 pm

bfessler wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:24 pm
thelowerrhythm wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:50 pm
Yup, I see that one now, sorry! And the shipping notification emails are auto generated the second I print the shipping label with our system (I know cuz I get a copy send to me too). Likely that ended up in your email’s SPAM folder, as auto-gen mass messages often get snagged there. Glad your DATA got to you quickly though, enjoy! ;)

Definitely no worries there, it was a nice surprise! I didn't even think to have even looked yet. With how desperate people get for DATA's I had guessed that it would take a while.
"Ah yeah, you’ve got that strange blend of apathy and self-flagellation that somehow gets you where you want to go."

***Note: if you're reading a post of mine, there is a 45.67% chance I asked a stupid question because I got excited and didn't properly google something.

daveholiday
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:17 am

bfessler wrote:

Yeah....been watching the weather up there, that is nuts!!

Thanks Ill check my mail.
It is all shits and giggles,

until somebody giggles and shits.

Stuff for sale: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=251468

Naenyn
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Naenyn » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:19 am

bfessler wrote:
:deadbanana:
Just curious, how’s that new firmware version coming?

Hope your a/c is hanging in there!
-n :ninja:

My racks on ModularGrid
Find me on Discord

thebends9
Common Wiggler

Post by thebends9 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:02 pm

Nightly Closures wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:34 pm
Quad quantizer mode would be a welcomed addition. I mean, I can dream, right?
+1 :tu:

Sleepfc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Sleepfc » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:21 am

FYI PC restocked and has a hundred Data modules in stock. Go crazy.

bkesty
1-Post Wiggler

Post by bkesty » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:18 pm

Thank you Mordax for a quick turnaround on a DATA repair and for covering it under warranty despite the problem being caused by user error (they recommend that the internal 5V supply be selected instead of the 5V rail, which is surprisingly easy to short to the +/- 12V rails 🙉).

1n
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 1n » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:26 am

a question about Data - definitely my last eurorack module :-)

Not that the following puts me off buying...

I saw a video mentioning a firmware update with a 32-step sequencer, but latest manual contains nothing about this feature. Is this update pending?

Sleepfc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Sleepfc » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:37 am

1n wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:26 am

I saw a video mentioning a firmware update with a 32-step sequencer, but latest manual contains nothing about this feature. Is this update pending?
It’s been in the works forever, but honestly I haven’t even thought about it. Data does enough as is!

Rabidnz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Rabidnz » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:35 am

I'd love to be able to choose the colour of each channel, and the xy scope, if possible. And also +1 for the save state, if this module is still getting updates..

Hyberus
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Hyberus » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:29 am

I've just bought one (yay, go me). I would like to have a feature where it would show the highest and lowest voltages until reset; and the time inbetween. Useful for beta testing . . .
Random is the new maRnod

fastlanestranger
Common Wiggler

Post by fastlanestranger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:49 am

It’s funny (to me anyways) because I read through this thread after ordering my DATA and felt like the discussion around the need for the decide to boot up in its last used state was overblown and unnecessary. Now in using it, I actually feel like it’s pretty critical and I’m a bit surprised this wasn’t part of the core functionality from day one.
Almost every single time I turn my system on, having to go back and re-dial in my LFOs on the device or having to turn on inputs 3 and 4 on the oscilloscope feels punitive. I know there are save states.
Anyways, it is a fabulous device that is teaching me a great deal, but now I’m on #teamsavestate.

bfessler
Common Wiggler

Post by bfessler » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Sleepfc wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:37 am
1n wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:26 am

It’s been in the works forever, but honestly I haven’t even thought about it. Data does enough as is!
Thanks Sleepfc! The DATA does do many things :mrgreen:

I agree though, it has been a long ass time on the sequencer. I'm very much looking forward to getting back to dev soon, almost done now with my multi-year backlog of tedious admin things...
Rabidnz wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:35 am
I'd love to be able to choose the colour of each channel, and the xy scope, if possible. And also +1 for the save state, if this module is still getting updates..
Probs not for the colors, at least not for a while.
Hyberus wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:29 am
I've just bought one (yay, go me). I would like to have a feature where it would show the highest and lowest voltages until reset; and the time inbetween. Useful for beta testing . . .
Scope stats are on the feature request list. I use them on the bench scope, I also would like them on the DATA.
fastlanestranger wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:49 am
It’s funny (to me anyways) because I read through this thread after ordering my DATA and felt like the discussion around the need for the decide to boot up in its last used state was overblown and unnecessary. Now in using it, I actually feel like it’s pretty critical and I’m a bit surprised this wasn’t part of the core functionality from day one.
Almost every single time I turn my system on, having to go back and re-dial in my LFOs on the device or having to turn on inputs 3 and 4 on the oscilloscope feels punitive. I know there are save states.
Anyways, it is a fabulous device that is teaching me a great deal, but now I’m on #teamsavestate.
Thanks fastlanestranger, glad it's been useful! As mentioned prior, auto-load of user defined save slot is definitely coming. Until then, manual load of save slot is your friend :tu:

www.mordax.net

pelang
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pelang » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:12 pm

How about a trigger/gate on the outputs when crossing the trigger line (aka comparator) ?

bfessler
Common Wiggler

Post by bfessler » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:54 pm

pelang wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:12 pm
How about a trigger/gate on the outputs when crossing the trigger line (aka comparator) ?
I like it! Having some output functions for the scope is on the list, won't be able to get the full waveout program operating while the scope is running, but some basic function generation is desired. Doing a trig out should be possible as well.

www.mordax.net

Electro Something
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Electro Something » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:07 pm

I just noticed the Mordax is making some changes to the voice when I input and output audio rate through it. What does the Mordax do to the sound? Sounds like it maybe can't keep up with the envelopes? I guess I should be using an active mult before sending audio to the Mordax?

bfessler
Common Wiggler

Post by bfessler » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:15 pm

Electro Something wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:07 pm
I just noticed the Mordax is making some changes to the voice when I input and output audio rate through it. What does the Mordax do to the sound? Sounds like it maybe can't keep up with the envelopes? I guess I should be using an active mult before sending audio to the Mordax?
It shouldn't. What do you mean by "keeping up with the envelopes"? Describe the setup more, the signal path to and from the DATA, what's the module you're connecting to it, etc?

www.mordax.net

batch
Collector of fine modules

Post by batch » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:24 pm

Any update on the firmware?
Monday Night Modular - a weekly virtual meetup @ 8pm PT
Days since last purchase = 1

bfessler
Common Wiggler

Post by bfessler » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:38 pm

batch wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:24 pm
Any update on the firmware?
Getting back to it soon. Currently in the office on this nice Saturday evening assembling and boxing.

www.mordax.net

Electro Something
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Electro Something » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:00 pm

bfessler wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:15 pm
Electro Something wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:07 pm
It shouldn't. What do you mean by "keeping up with the envelopes"? Describe the setup more, the signal path to and from the DATA, what's the module you're connecting to it, etc?
Must have just been a bug or something. It's working fine now after a power down. weird.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”