Post pics of your euro setup!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
studioutopia
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by studioutopia » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:04 am

LameAim wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm
studioutopia wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:26 pm
Finally completed my Modular.
or at least a major milestone of satisfaction... I am nearly 99% recovered from GAS.
Wow, amazing rig. As someone who also has an Usta waiting for a second 7U Intellijel case, this image is making that wait a wee bit more difficult. And I really appreciate all of the additional detail regarding your setup.

What role do you feel the Brenso occupies in relation to the other oscillators in your setup? Worth the money?
Thanks!
Frap Tools is the ultimate IMHO. If I didn't have any self-control... I'd expand into another case just to have Fumana, another Falistri, and maybe Sapel.

BRENSO has replaced Cš-L as my main/lead voice. If I could narrow it down to one thing - it's the through-zero linear FM. Also, the shapers and wavefolder are phenomenal. I still love my Cš-L, but it just doesn't have the same level of usable dynamics. If I had to only choose two sources - Brenso would be #1 for sure. ... I would find it very hard to decide between Piston Honda MkIII and Cš-L as the second. Piston for it limitlessness, Cš-L because it's so FAT!

aphantomvaper
Common Wiggler
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:24 am
Location: Waukegan Il
Contact:

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by aphantomvaper » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:28 am

Mo pics, less discussion on the thread.

A humble request from your friendly neighborhood Phantom Vaper.
Last edited by aphantomvaper on Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing that stays the same is change

jingo
Common Wiggler
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:08 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by jingo » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:58 am

Howdy,
so no talking, pure picture:
Attachments
IMG_20200722_2116280.jpg

User avatar
Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4398
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:16 pm
Location: Oslo
Contact:

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by Daisuk » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:15 am

And I was going to scale down - started with video synthesis instead. :doh: :lol:

Image

Image

User avatar
MARK27
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:07 pm
Location: Oklahoma City

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by MARK27 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:00 pm

aphantomvaper wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:28 am
Mo pics, less discussion on the thread.

A humble request for your friendly neighborhood Phantom Vaper.
Mo pics-less discussion? You got it!
CorpusCallosum wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:30 pm
My adult playground. Pardon the mess, I'm constantly in a state of rearranging. Buchla 200e System to the left but my camera couldn't take it all in one shot.
CorpusCallosum That is one of the larger cases I've seen. Who built it? And what is your power set up?

User avatar
Shakespeare
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:32 pm
Location: Clinton, NY

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by Shakespeare » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:28 pm

Everything mounted and ready at once, for the first time in months, thanks to my little homebrew skiff in front. :bananaguitar:
117312548_787252978745224_1311932466936000164_n.jpg

CorpusCallosum
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by CorpusCallosum » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:30 am

MARK27 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:00 pm
aphantomvaper wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:28 am
Mo pics, less discussion on the thread.

A humble request for your friendly neighborhood Phantom Vaper.
Mo pics-less discussion? You got it!
CorpusCallosum wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:30 pm
My adult playground. Pardon the mess, I'm constantly in a state of rearranging. Buchla 200e System to the left but my camera couldn't take it all in one shot.
CorpusCallosum That is one of the larger cases I've seen. Who built it? And what is your power set up?
Built by Brock at Eurorackmodularcases.com. He also designed a custom power setup with Genus Modu LIBB boards and four Acopian Gold Box PSUs, so it's got enough power to handle anything but even better the noise floor is absolutely silent, which is not normally the case (pun intended) in eurorack. He really did a fantastic design and build and spent a ton of time talking with the owner of Genus Modu to get the power system perfect. Can't recommend him highly enough.

User avatar
Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6214
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: on a big voyage

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by Funky40 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:11 pm

CorpusCallosum wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:30 pm
My adult playground.
insanely cool Rack.
but: i can´t make out how wide it is. How wide are the rails of that beatiful biggy ? ( cm ? hp ? )

ok, i got now, its kind of two racks side by side in one.
The manufacturers page just referns to 168hp. But the big 27Us shown, are kind of double width.
But me thinks its less than 168hp, per half ?
A super interesting build.

User avatar
sandubogi
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by sandubogi » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:20 pm

Her name is Ancient Star: Your Heart is Floating
While she might change over time, she have finally come to life!
IMG_20200809_164317.jpg
IMG_20200809_164440.jpg
Now I just have to learn how to sing the songs she has inside her!
:goo:

Oh and requisite cat photo of Milo with bonus cinnamon coffee mug!
IMG_20200807_135158.jpg
Drink up! The world's about to end. :guinness:

User avatar
pix
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:40 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by pix » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:43 pm

CorpusCallosum wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:30 pm
Screenshot_20200804-212805_Video Player.jpg
you know you've reached peak euro when you need a hand truck to move your rig around :yay:

User avatar
PhineasFreak
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2140
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:49 am
Location: South Wales
Contact:

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by PhineasFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:58 am

My trusty Asys, been with me in various forms since 2011!
asys.jpg
asys.jpg (47.21 KiB) Viewed 644 times
My live techno rig finally complete [remaining 4hp is there for expansion :P]
IMG_20200720_175054_856.jpg
Pretty and safe with cat proofing in place:
IMG_20200720_173600_HDR.jpg
The mess that is my growing generative setup - currently 9U of gen sequencing and a bro1 & sys1m
gen seq.jpg
gen seq.jpg (33.92 KiB) Viewed 644 times

User avatar
mome rath
a dubious cube of margarine
Posts: 1645
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by mome rath » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:12 pm

sandubogi wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:20 pm
Her name is Ancient Star: Your Heart is Floating
While she might change over time, she have finally come to life!
IMG_20200809_164317.jpg
IMG_20200809_164440.jpg
Now I just have to learn how to sing the songs she has inside her!
:goo:

Oh and requisite cat photo of Milo with bonus cinnamon coffee mug!
IMG_20200807_135158.jpg
That's the envelope section from the Phenol as a module, right? very tasty !
Image
soundcloud, dear friends

good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 pm
basically, as the dude put it "no walter, youre not wrong, youre just an asshole".
zoogoo wrote: your stupid

Thelefthandpath
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:37 pm
Location: Hades

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by Thelefthandpath » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:12 am

Will expand over time but suits my techno & industrial needs for nOw.
Attachments
6CF0937D-A4E3-457E-8BBF-71B3039FA5F9.jpeg

User avatar
sandubogi
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by sandubogi » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:31 am

mome rath wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:12 pm
sandubogi wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:20 pm
Her name is Ancient Star: Your Heart is Floating
While she might change over time, she have finally come to life!
IMG_20200809_164317.jpg
IMG_20200809_164440.jpg
Now I just have to learn how to sing the songs she has inside her!
:goo:

Oh and requisite cat photo of Milo with bonus cinnamon coffee mug!
IMG_20200807_135158.jpg
That's the envelope section from the Phenol as a module, right? very tasty !
Yup that's the one alright. I am VERY tempted to get the filter too. But for now I need to enjoy and learn what I have put together already ;)
Drink up! The world's about to end. :guinness:

User avatar
bradovic
Common Wiggler
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by bradovic » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 pm

Shakespeare wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:28 pm
Everything mounted and ready at once, for the first time in months, thanks to my little homebrew skiff in front. :bananaguitar:

117312548_787252978745224_1311932466936000164_n.jpg
Drool.. beautiful setup and blinkenlights

User avatar
Shakespeare
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:32 pm
Location: Clinton, NY

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by Shakespeare » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:16 pm

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it. Nearly done, too... I have a Natural Gate on the way sometime late this month or next, and then just 12hp left to fill in some time.

CorpusCallosum
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by CorpusCallosum » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 am

Funky40 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:11 pm
CorpusCallosum wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:30 pm
My adult playground.
insanely cool Rack.
but: i can´t make out how wide it is. How wide are the rails of that beatiful biggy ? ( cm ? hp ? )

ok, i got now, its kind of two racks side by side in one.
The manufacturers page just referns to 168hp. But the big 27Us shown, are kind of double width.
But me thinks its less than 168hp, per half ?
A super interesting build.
It's double wide 168hp, so 27U and 336hp.

User avatar
deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:46 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by deft_bonz » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:12 am

CorpusCallosum wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 am
It's double wide 168hp, so 27U and 336hp.

Who created these cases?

User avatar
Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6214
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: on a big voyage

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by Funky40 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:55 pm

SORRY, NO pics ! other than alink to my old pics in this thread ;)

CorpusCallosum wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 am

It's double wide 168hp, so 27U and 336hp.
ok, thats BIG, haha.
so the height is making the half-width looking a bit smaller ;)
Thanks

my old setiup is on page 151 ( attention, its sometimes not loading correctly, ...needs several trys ) ( the state 9 years ago :party: )
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1135&start=3750
the DIY stuff is from a time when euro-DIY was a quasi non existing thing ! no thonk.co.uk available, lol


my racks are right now in DIY-reworking state. (the 4th week NO patching......last week was hard, ........with withdrawal symptoms :lol: )
it will be 27U first, then 30U, and then i´ll try to hang up some additional 6U over my head, creating kind of a half pipe, ( old skater here, haha)
100cm in width. The point is to have everything like an ark.
I´d *totally* like to have 140-160cm width, but that would be entirely a nightmare to squeeze this here in.
but i was on the fence.......and tought about to get me 140cm width rails. So 140cm in width in one go .....which would create entirely new problems to build such a rack.
( but maybe i´ll go for this in 2-3 years)

its now way smaller everything. most DIY modules have been taken out.
but i will be able to fit some of them in again after my rework

CorpusCallosum
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by CorpusCallosum » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:32 pm

deft_bonz wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:12 am
CorpusCallosum wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 am
It's double wide 168hp, so 27U and 336hp.

Who created these cases?
2egress.com buiit it custom. The builder's name is Brock and he does unbelievable work and attention to every detail. Highly recommend.

User avatar
deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:46 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by deft_bonz » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:19 am

CorpusCallosum wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:32 pm
2egress.com buiit it custom. The builder's name is Brock and he does unbelievable work and attention to every detail. Highly recommend.
Thanks, didn't know that company. If I understood it right, they are somewhere here in Europe. That would make shipping way less costly than getting similar cases from the US.

I'm nowhere close to order one at the moment. Just got my first "big" case from Synthracks. John did also a fabulous job for the 12U 126HP. Unpacked it yesterday. Today is installation time. It will fit perfectly on my live performance synth table :sb:
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 11.06.48.jpeg

User avatar
stk
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: rat city .au

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by stk » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:24 am

Back on (off?) the wagon after a ~5 year break to work on other music.

Image

Cases are temporary while I build their final homes.

Cheers!

User avatar
mome rath
a dubious cube of margarine
Posts: 1645
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by mome rath » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:50 am

stk wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:24 am
Back on (off?) the wagon after a ~5 year break to work on other music.

Image

Cases are temporary while I build their final homes.

Cheers!
that looks crazy :hyper:
Image
soundcloud, dear friends

good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 pm
basically, as the dude put it "no walter, youre not wrong, youre just an asshole".
zoogoo wrote: your stupid

303606909
1-Post Wiggler
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by 303606909 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:56 pm

Thelefthandpath wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:12 am
Will expand over time but suits my techno & industrial needs for nOw.
love the all black look.

User avatar
stk
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: rat city .au

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by stk » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:26 am

mome rath wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:50 am
that looks crazy :hyper:
It is a lot of fun. After using (and loving) the Harvestman grit for years, I felt my return to modular needed a bit of a switch up, so I combined my old MN stuff (2x OG Maths, QMMG) with some new MN stuff (2x New Maths, 2x STO).

The STO + Maths combos are my answer to a "complex oscillator" since DPOs are unobtainium in this country right now.
The combo sounds really good, kind of happy I didn't go with 2 DPOs now.

Cheers

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”