Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

Post pics of your euro setup!

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
Hyberus
Ultra Wiggler

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by Hyberus »

This is my 'going out and playing a gig if all I have to do is drones and wobbly noises' rig. Sadly, because of cancellations and we'll-get-back-to-yous it's not been out yet. But, with its lid on, I can get it, my Zoom L 20 R and a stand strapped to a trolley.
IMGP2268.JPG
Random is the new maRnod
JenniferG
Veteran Wiggler

Post by JenniferG »

BailyDread wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:49 am Something about the angle of the top row on a mantis is so ideal imo… just bc makes you wanna patch :tu:
I like it because I can sit the entire thing in front of my 40" 4K TV/ Computer Monitor and it doesn't obstruct the view :) I'll have like 3 more tiers above the mantis on the computer monitor with VCV Rack.. so like 5 tiers. Going to buy ES-9 whenever it becomes available. I think I am just going to do all the sequencing from VCV rack .. lots of great sequencers and I can map knobs and buttons from midi controllers to the virtual modules.
noisewreck
Veteran Wiggler

Post by noisewreck »

JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:50 am
ProggyBoog wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:40 am You got a good case, don't worry. What he meant was the amount of amperage over -12v isn't as beefy as the +12v. (3A +12, 1.1A -12.)

I'm running two of these cases, with a relatively standard module selection (nothing weird with fuses or anything like that) and I have zero power issues whatsoever.
Can this be resolved by building a new external power supply for it to get the full 3A on the -12v? I guess not because the power supply is supply the unit with +13v. Wonder why they didn't make the -12v the same amperage.
Don’t fret over this. When you model the case on modulargrid you’ll notice that you end up needing a lot more power on the +12v rail than the -12v rail, so you don’t need these rails be balanced other than our human preference to see symmetry. This is mainly due to the fact that most modules have on-board regulators that bring down the voltage to whatever the module needs (5v, 3.3v being typical) and they take this from the +12v rail, thus the need for increased demand on the +12v rail.

I built my case with individual supplies for each rail, and I chose smaller supply for the -12v rail because of this.
Starshifter
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Starshifter »

Hi everyone. Great to see all that money wasted on bleeps and bloops. Here's my money pit. I bought a Moog sound studio in march, and since then it has grown a bit. Though, for now I'm pretty content and don't really have any modules on my wishlist.

wrecksmoondee
Common Wiggler

Post by wrecksmoondee »

w.hosp wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:25 pm 20220617_140859.jpg

I just posted this in the "West Coast Doepfer" thread & thought I'd post it here too for others to see.
Nice! Having a good time with it?
Is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?
TheFreshPrince
Learning to Wiggle

Post by TheFreshPrince »

Hello from Adelaide.
New to Eurorack. Having a lot of fun.
Mainly using Theremin and, Doepfer ribbon for human control. Just started experimenting with nature sounds (Zoom field recorder) and, bass guitar through effects pedals and, microPlank (Clouds).
Prunes and, Custard as well as C4 synth are, the current favourite pedals.
Keen cyclist and runner. Loved Bend, Oregon when I visited
Attachments
2FB8F92F-F377-4CD8-880E-9D14C12D6FE5.jpeg
A83D8D0B-0330-4AAF-95FD-9AB6EFAB497B.jpeg
E8922433-372E-4F48-829D-E14724B8F1D4.jpeg
Joe.
Wired for sound

Post by Joe. »

TheFreshPrince wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:06 amHello from Adelaide.
Interesting seeing a lot of older modules mixed with new. Very nice setup :tu:
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

TheFreshPrince wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:06 am Hello from Adelaide.
New to Eurorack. Having a lot of fun.
Mainly using Theremin and, Doepfer ribbon for human control. Just started experimenting with nature sounds (Zoom field recorder) and, bass guitar through effects pedals and, microPlank (Clouds).
Prunes and, Custard as well as C4 synth are, the current favourite pedals.
Keen cyclist and runner. Loved Bend, Oregon when I visited
What’s the diffuser on the wall? I’d really like one like this.
Kosmikos’ tracks on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-254876270
TheFreshPrince
Learning to Wiggle

Post by TheFreshPrince »

It’s a SkyLine diffuser. Does very little but looks cool.
I’ve attached a pic of my other room treatments which are actually, effective.
They are a combination RPG products including BAD panels
Attachments
A55248E2-7FBF-4F26-8785-B39CFA4EE828.jpeg
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

TheFreshPrince wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:00 am It’s a SkyLine diffuser. Does very little but looks cool.
I love the look of this, and the room lighting. :tu:
Kosmikos’ tracks on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-254876270
TheFreshPrince
Learning to Wiggle

Post by TheFreshPrince »

Kosmikos wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:30 pm
TheFreshPrince wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:00 am It’s a SkyLine diffuser. Does very little but looks cool.
I love the look of this, and the room lighting. :tu:
Thanks
Doc L Junior
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Doc L Junior »

New case. Just plain veneer box but with American walnut cheeks. Actually looks a bit like an old Tandberg Huldra radio and that made me wonder if it is worth trying to use an old 70's radio chassis for a case. Any one tried this?
Attachments
PXL_20220828_151223567.jpg
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology
Streamtracker
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Streamtracker »

Mostly modular and with midi/cv and cv/midi (VCMC) modules my hardware and software synths are modular-integrated.

Details here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/com ... ter/194759
Attachments
Modular_Setup_A2_8_22.jpg
Modular_Setup_B2_8_22.jpg
Last edited by Streamtracker on Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DukeOfPrunes
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

Streamtracker wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:34 pm Mostly modular and with midi/cv and cv/midi (VCMC) modules my hardware and software synths are semi-modular.

Oh my! You like complicated set ups! Reminds of my old guitar rigs.
DCDanno
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DCDanno »

Streamtracker wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:34 pm Mostly modular and with midi/cv and cv/midi (VCMC) modules my hardware and software synths are modular-integrated.

I dig that MS2000.
JReign
Learning to Wiggle

Post by JReign »

Loving everybody's rigs, had to share my recently completed racks.
Rackbrute 6s pretty much full of clones and a bitbox mk1. Using worng soundstage as main mixer, with hexagram 6x vca.
Rackbrute 6u complete(JReign)
Rackbrute 6u complete(JReign)
My portable setups. The 62hp cases both have an XTpower 15w battery velcroed to the back. Mostly ALM, NE stuff haha with a bitbox mk2. The 60hp pod is powered by the 62hp case by usb/9v Inverter. The lunchboxes use usb power supplies, up to 416ma 12v and powered by cheap ninjabatt usb banks.
Battery powered portable setups(JReign)
Battery powered portable setups(JReign)
VileCarrion2022
Learning to Wiggle

Post by VileCarrion2022 »

JReign wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:40 pm Loving everybody's rigs, had to share my recently completed racks.
Rackbrute 6s pretty much full of clones and a bitbox mk1. Using worng soundstage as main mixer, with hexagram 6x vca.
DSC00075.JPG

My portable setups. The 62hp cases both have an XTpower 15w battery velcroed to the back. Mostly ALM, NE stuff haha with a bitbox mk2. The 60hp pod is powered by the 62hp case by usb/9v Inverter. The lunchboxes use usb power supplies, up to 416ma 12v and powered by cheap ninjabatt usb banks.
DSC00080.JPG
Man, that is a lot of Pams in one set up...honestly pretty jealous
polesay
Learning to Wiggle

Post by polesay »

polesay wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:18 pm Just started my first system recently. Already had the model-D so I popped it in there for now.
No more Model D. Haven’t screwed in the newer additions yet cuz I’m probably gonna rearrange things.
Attachments
C9B8E5C9-D0A8-4DE4-89E4-E4E4BB69A028.jpeg
DalNiente
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DalNiente »

I just received this beautiful 6U 104HP case from Gould Case Works in Amsterdam. Finally my eurorack setup (previouly consisting out of two small 4ms pods) feels like one unified instrument that not only fits into my small studio but also blends in well in the living room. As you can see, I have a faible for Xaoc and Joranalogue modules- love to have logic, function and crazy experimental options combined and at hand. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Joranalogue Step 8 to fill the last few HP.
Attachments
20220909_112630.jpg
20220909_110042.jpg
NotSoundEngineer
Learning to Wiggle

Post by NotSoundEngineer »

Crafted a small ~60HP case to be used with guitar. Quite happy how it turned out to be. Made from Finnish pinewood and 3D printed handle and legs. Back panel has 4ms Row Power module and Pamela's PEXP-2 expansion so I'm able to sync clock to Boss RC-5 loop pedal. Guitar signal is fed to case via Befaco's Instrument Interface. Additional voices and drums with Erica's Pico modules.
Electric 1024x1024.png
Latest photo with black Mork Modules panel in Pamela :)
Electric 1080x1726.jpg
See it in action here:
https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... 5#p3827145
TheFreshPrince
Learning to Wiggle

Post by TheFreshPrince »

NotSoundEngineer wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:33 am Crafted a small ~60HP case to be used with guitar. Quite happy how it turned out to be. Made from Finnish pinewood and 3D printed handle and legs. Back panel has 4ms Row Power module and Pamela's PEXP-2 expansion so I'm able to sync clock to Boss RC-5 loop pedal. Guitar signal is fed to case via Befaco's Instrument Interface. Additional voices and drums with Erica's Pico modules.

Electric 1024x1024.png

Latest photo with black Mork Modules panel in Pamela :)
Electric 1080x1726.jpg

See it in action here:
https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... 5#p3827145
Lovely looking set up!
I’ll have to work out how, to sync my RC5

Here is a pic of my bass and, some pedals feeding into my rack.
The Kenton unit is sending CV,from my rack to, my UDO super6. A massive range of possibilities.
Currently sequenced using Doepfer 155, Euclidean circles with additional modulation from ChalkBoard, Maths envelopes self patched, theremin cv and, Doepfer ribbon
Attachments
B82DE788-E07D-4A5E-95B5-13973CC8748A.jpeg
2C4FEA75-E9E6-4839-9514-2D966E9FC5BC.jpeg
85C48DEE-4A9A-46DD-B0C4-9E8FA0807957.jpeg
Hill People
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Hill People »

I started with an Arturia Rack Brute but ran out of room. I wanted something quite a bit bigger to allow for continued expansion. I found a solution that I already had at hand, a cabinet in my music room that has turned out to be very suitable for mounting racks. It's a work in progress, but this is what I've put together so far. I've also integrated my pedal collection into my workflow and house the pedals in the upper shelf.
Built In Eurorack.jpeg
Headlands
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Headlands »

Where my rig is at, at this point in time. Case is walnut with maple inserts made by a woodworker friend of mine...it's going to be too small (I initially thought that I would never fill it up, of course). In hindsight the inserts aren't a good idea if I put another rack to it because it's unnecessary space, but I love how it looks. Just got the custom table last night, made by another friend. I put my Black Sequencer in its own ES skiff because I prefer it away from the main rack for access. The two little noise synths/FX above it are a Chernobylizer and a Fort.
20220919_151148.jpg
"Is that the site with the weird cats on it?"

Current setup (with external Moog Matriarch, MN Strega, and ES Black Sequencer): https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1991652
vk2bio
Learning to Wiggle

Post by vk2bio »

beware the old doepfer peddler...
Thank you for a most enjoyable contact,

- vk2bio
moo_lefty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by moo_lefty »

IMG_20220919_165124.jpg
My rig, centered around a Doepfer Poly setup, Vermona Mono Lancet and Alexis DM5 drum machine

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”