Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

Post pics of your euro setup!

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
cbm
Eardrill

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by cbm »

lisa wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:24 pm 1E9F5C22-45D6-4D7C-95B5-280E82F31DAE.jpeg
Wait! We want to see your Eurorack, not a pile of patch cords. ;)
Chris Muir
Eardrill Archive - http://www.eardrill.com (on permanent vacation)
Eurorack System - https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/2014830
lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa »

cbm wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:01 pm Wait! We want to see your Eurorack, not a pile of patch cords. ;)
It is what my eurorack usually looks like. :goo:
synthbenji
Veteran Wiggler

Post by synthbenji »

Another Euro pet project complete ! Oldies but goodies and some noobies.
Attachments
4B8183BF-8D57-4AC4-87A8-C048D35948BB.jpeg
Digital Larry
Common Wiggler

Post by Digital Larry »

I mostly have Erica stuff as a result of doing some consulting for them several years back.

I also have a mini Ornament+Crime, which is my only "deep menu" piece, and like to keep it that way if possible. I guess the Braids sort of counts, I finally figured out how to use the built in AD envelope along with the gate signal. It only took me five years! I am considering a Pamela's New Workout though, so I can be just like everyone else. Actually it looks pretty good.

Sometimes I drive the Euro stuff from the Beatstep, sometimes I run a CV keyboard over there, and most recently I have started to just put things together with everything in the rack. Which means the V-Gates and the O+C Quantermain mostly.

The Erica Octasource is heavily used. I also have two WMD+SSF ADSRVCAs, nice space saving device. I also have a full 84HP 1U row from Pulp logic including a spring reverb.

DL

VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VanEck »

synthbenji wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:14 pm Another Euro pet project complete ! Oldies but goodies and some noobies.
Wow, some good classics in there. Been a minute since I've seen a Zeroscillator in the wild. What is the goal with this "pet project" rig, aiming for it to serve a specific purpose, or just really wanted those modules?
DISHEVELED -- PROMETHEUS BURNING

SysEx Dumpster Podcast - modular gear and other garbage
synthbenji
Veteran Wiggler

Post by synthbenji »

@VanEck

This case is primarily based on Anlalog FM, minus the VCO that is missing. It is really showcasing the Zero with stereo capability and some nice Cwejman processing.

Cheers

B
JenniferG
Veteran Wiggler

Post by JenniferG »

I received my Black Tiptop Audio Mantis in the mail today from Thoman. Just opened the box and took out a piece of foam. Here it is sitting in the box still. Going to take it out now and populate this beauty :) I'll snap a photo of it populated with all my current modules.

NoGuitars
Wiggling with Experience

Post by NoGuitars »

IMG_3543.jpeg
Current iteration, feels like everything is falling into place.

Audio is "normalled" with Tendrills angled cables, CV gets patched with Stackcables

The Doepfer A138-M is getting far less usage since adding the Falistri, so it will probably be replaced by a simpler CV mixer, adding room for an FX Aid or similar.
beat4less
Common Wiggler

Post by beat4less »

JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:22 am I received my Black Tiptop Audio Mantis in the mail today from Thoman. Just opened the box and took out a piece of foam. Here it is sitting in the box still. Going to take it out now and populate this beauty :) I'll snap a photo of it populated with all my current modules.

They look great in black (I was not fan of the white/grey one). The only minus is they’re a little low on the -12V supply
JenniferG
Veteran Wiggler

Post by JenniferG »

beat4less wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:11 am
JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:22 am I received my Black Tiptop Audio Mantis in the mail today from Thoman. Just opened the box and took out a piece of foam. Here it is sitting in the box still. Going to take it out now and populate this beauty :) I'll snap a photo of it populated with all my current modules.

They look great in black (I was not fan of the white/grey one). The only minus is they’re a little low on the -12V supply
What do you mean a little low? The voltage isn't quite -12v? It has the 13v Zues power supply. The Behringer CP1A for my Moog 104HP case also has a 13v input. Not enough input voltage, regulates down lower than -12v?

I got this case because I see so many here get it. I didn't know it had problems or I wouldn't have gotten it. This tiptop mantis case was recommended to me by several here on the forum.
metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

Last edited by metamorphmuses on Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
ProggyBoog
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ProggyBoog »

JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:19 am
What do you mean a little low? The voltage isn't quite -12v? It has the 13v Zues power supply. The Behringer CP1A for my Moog 104HP case also has a 13v input. Not enough input voltage, regulates down lower than -12v?

I got this case because I see so many here get it. I didn't know it had problems or I wouldn't have gotten it. This tiptop mantis case was recommended to me by several here on the forum.
You got a good case, don't worry. What he meant was the amount of amperage over -12v isn't as beefy as the +12v. (3A +12, 1.1A -12.)

I'm running two of these cases, with a relatively standard module selection (nothing weird with fuses or anything like that) and I have zero power issues whatsoever.
JenniferG
Veteran Wiggler

Post by JenniferG »

Here's the Black Beauty populated and lit up! :) I love it!

BailyDread
Ultra Wiggler

Post by BailyDread »

JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:42 am Here's the Black Beauty populated and lit! :) I love it!

Something about the angle of the top row on a mantis is so ideal imo… just bc makes you wanna patch :tu:
JenniferG
Veteran Wiggler

Post by JenniferG »

ProggyBoog wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:40 am You got a good case, don't worry. What he meant was the amount of amperage over -12v isn't as beefy as the +12v. (3A +12, 1.1A -12.)

I'm running two of these cases, with a relatively standard module selection (nothing weird with fuses or anything like that) and I have zero power issues whatsoever.
Can this be resolved by building a new external power supply for it to get the full 3A on the -12v? I guess not because the power supply is supply the unit with +13v. Wonder why they didn't make the -12v the same amperage.
ProggyBoog
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ProggyBoog »

JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:50 am
ProggyBoog wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:40 am You got a good case, don't worry. What he meant was the amount of amperage over -12v isn't as beefy as the +12v. (3A +12, 1.1A -12.)

Can this be resolved by building a new external power supply for it to get the full 3A on the -12v? I guess not because the power supply is supply the unit with +13v. Wonder why they didn't make the -12v the same amperage.
It's generally not needed. Looking at the specs for my modules, my -12v draw is barely over a third of my +12 (and my two fully-loaded cases hit just over 50% load for -12). I do notice that Doepfer modules (at least the selection I have) tend to draw the same on both polarities, so I'd double-check to be sure, but I'd be surprised if it's an issue.
Joe.
Wired for sound

Post by Joe. »

JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:50 am Can this be resolved by building a new external power supply for it to get the full 3A on the -12v? I guess not because the power supply is supply the unit with +13v. Wonder why they didn't make the -12v the same amperage.
Don't stress, you're fine. Few people pack full analog cases and even if you did your supply is fine for that size. Don't look at the negative rail being 'underpowered', but instead look at it as a huge surplus on the positive rail. This is becuase of digital modules like your uPlaits using 5mA on the negative rail and 50mA on the positive rail, this is what modern Euro PSUs account for.

You've got nice system there, and even room to expand, congrats :goo:
DCDanno
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DCDanno »

JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:42 am Here's the Black Beauty populated and lit up! :) I love it!

Nice. Are you in North America or elsewhere? I've considered purchasing a case from Thomann, but hesitated as I wasn't sure it would ship with the correct plug.
JenniferG
Veteran Wiggler

Post by JenniferG »

DCDanno wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:26 am
JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:42 am Here's the Black Beauty populated and lit up! :) I love it!

Nice. Are you in North America or elsewhere? I've considered purchasing a case from Thomann, but hesitated as I wasn't sure it would ship with the correct plug.
I did get the wrong plug but it's a standard PC power cable that plugs into the transformer. I had a lot of them laying around. I am in the USA.
beat4less
Common Wiggler

Post by beat4less »

JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:19 am
beat4less wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:11 am
JenniferG wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:22 am I received my Black Tiptop Audio Mantis in the mail today from Thoman.....

I never meant there is any problem, sorry you read that.
As others said, there is enough power in most of the configurations. And if there is not, it's not an end of the world, at worst remove a module for another...
In fact I got this case freshly, populate it without thinking, then look at modulargrid and saw I was around/above the limit on the -12V. I don't notice any problem in use, so actually there is no problem :lol: But I keep it in mind.
In comparaison, Erica travel Case has 2,5A on the -12V (versus 1,1A for the Mantis). And it's also twice the price
odilon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by odilon »

More or less....quite a few swap in/out modules
IMG_5293.jpeg
studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 »

:bacon:
synthbenji
Veteran Wiggler

Post by synthbenji »

Plan B System and Malekko Richter 4-Voice System rocking!
Attachments
6C07B8F5-F3EB-495E-B4AF-75B45DF863E3.jpeg
94B202AC-8B21-4B06-A422-A7DC7940E6AF.jpeg
cbm
Eardrill

Post by cbm »

synthbenji wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:53 pm Plan B System and Malekko Richter 4-Voice System rocking!
Nice!
Chris Muir
Eardrill Archive - http://www.eardrill.com (on permanent vacation)
Eurorack System - https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/2014830
JenniferG
Veteran Wiggler

Post by JenniferG »

beat4less wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:05 am I never meant there is any problem, sorry you read that.
As others said, there is enough power in most of the configurations. And if there is not, it's not an end of the world, at worst remove a module for another...
In fact I got this case freshly, populate it without thinking, then look at modulargrid and saw I was around/above the limit on the -12V. I don't notice any problem in use, so actually there is no problem :lol: But I keep it in mind.
In comparaison, Erica travel Case has 2,5A on the -12V (versus 1,1A for the Mantis). And it's also twice the price
Should I look at the amperage for -12v for each module I have and try and evenly divide that -12v amperage among the three busses? Will that help?

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”