Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

Post pics of your euro setup!

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
The Junglechrist
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by The Junglechrist »

demonologie wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:44 pm I don't have a ton of time to work on this right now but just an (upside-down) update of the rack I'm building. Almost ready for the base table.
This does indeed look superb !
DukeOfPrunes
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

demonologie wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:44 pm I don't have a ton of time to work on this right now but just an (upside-down) update of the rack I'm building. Almost ready for the base table.
Such a tease! If you get a chance, give us a better pic or even a MODULARGrid link. Curious to see all the modules in the warship console...
MARK27
Ultra Wiggler

Post by MARK27 »

Beautiful set-up. Absolutely beautiful. A man after my own heart!

You should show off that little gem on one of the black panel fetishists' threads like this one.
natureclubcassettes
Ultra Wiggler

Post by natureclubcassettes »

w o w
I'm not a black panel guy, but that is awesome
reminds me of my old Japanese synths :)
ManNegative
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ManNegative »

funksy wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:24 am My current setup. Planning to replace the Sarajewo with the Joranalogue Delay when it releases, but that's the only planned change for now. Also might take out the Intellijel In on the 1u, row. Was hoping to integrate a groove box for drums, but I really just haven't been enjoying that. Still TONS for me to learn, but I think I've got all the tools. Biggest mystery for me is the Dark Matter. I don't have a clue with that thing at the moment.
:cloud:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1843981
PXL_20220717_060947024.jpg
This looks like a whole load of fun. You mention getting rid of the Sarajewo - is that for any negative reason, or is the Joranalogue simply more what you're personally looking for? I ask because I've very very curious about the Sarajewo.
ManNegative
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ManNegative »

Newest additions: Acid Rain Constellation, vpmd Trig31, & Klavis Twin Waves Mk2. All three turned up yesterday, so I've only scratched the surface, but wow, Constellation is excellent fun chaos, and Twin Waves sounds really good. I've also very recently forked the Ornament and Crime codebase to add a reset to the Quantermain Turing Machine, which makes it infinitely more usable for my own purposes.

Still lacking: A designated envelop generator (considering Zadar), VCAs (considering the Doepfer A-130-8), effects (delay and reverb in particular), filters, and a mixer (possibly the Befaco Hexmix system).

Other non-eurorack gear: Elektron RYTM Mk2 (for drums), Octatrack Mk2 (for samples, looping, chopping, Octatrack weirdness/confusion).

Main goal: Something similar to Surgeon-esque banging noisy techno, but with a bit more of the Planetary Assault Systems sound and Setaoc Mass groove.

Attachments
IMG_0902.jpg
funksy
Common Wiggler

Post by funksy »

ManNegative wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:31 am
funksy wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:24 am My current setup. Planning to replace the Sarajewo with the Joranalogue Delay when it releases, but that's the only planned change for now. Also might take out the Intellijel In on the 1u, row. Was hoping to integrate a groove box for drums, but I really just haven't been enjoying that. Still TONS for me to learn, but I think I've got all the tools. Biggest mystery for me is the Dark Matter. I don't have a clue with that thing at the moment.

This looks like a whole load of fun. You mention getting rid of the Sarajewo - is that for any negative reason, or is the Joranalogue simply more what you're personally looking for? I ask because I've very very curious about the Sarajewo.
I think the delay time range on the Delay 1 will be a more usable range for what I want to do. I'll probably keep the Sarajewo and add it back in when I expand. It's definitely a fun unit, though. There are times that the clock whine can get a bit much for me, but I've read that the signal level on the line in could be a factor and I haven't really investigated that well.
natureclubcassettes
Ultra Wiggler

Post by natureclubcassettes »

ManNegative wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:31 am

I can vouch for Sarajewo being the best sounding BBD delay I've ever used. I have never noticed clock whine with mine, btw. That said, Delay 1 is definitely apples and oranges compared to Sarajewo. Sarajewo excels at clocked delays, where as it seems that Delay 1 is more geared for Karplus-Strong.
sacguy71
Common Wiggler

Post by sacguy71 »

Just added WMD Performance mixer and WMD Kraken to my MDLR 14u case:

Love it! Thinking of adding a Knobula PolyCinematic at some point.
My Music and samples
https://soundcloud.com/pebcap

My Old samples and music when I started learning music production
https://soundcloud.com/modben

Travel 7u Case
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1767271

4u Techno Jam case
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1751409

I have more but use these the most on the go.
MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine »

fragletrollet wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:37 pm My main system as it currently stands, done a little tetris and pulled out a few voices.

IMG_20220723_223250.jpg
Your light clip looks like Gumby.
finnjc
Learning to Wiggle

Post by finnjc »

My completed case. 9U x 90hp techno groovebox. Case From Lake custom case (https://instagram.com/casefromlake_euro ... MyMTA2M2Y=). Konstant Lab HammerPWR power supply (https://www.konstantlab.audio/shop/hamm ... er-supply/). Black Hole DSP is running TTA Halls of Valhalla card via Xodes backpack (https://www.xodes.net/product/bci-backp ... rd-adapter). The Doepfer Mini Stereo mixer is mostly used to create delay and reverb sends. Bottom right is the main mixing section. I often clock PNW from ableton via an ERM multiclock which works like a dream. The rest is fairly self explanatory. Lmk what you think!
Attachments
905D997B-CB06-4DEB-904C-A88FBDD48121.jpeg
dburpasaurus
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dburpasaurus »

Humble 6u setup, in a clean state.
D0BB7CDC-5175-4AD7-A46F-AEE52FE84A8F.jpeg
And a messy one.
8D2648DC-77AD-4896-8A1B-4A59D423F09A.jpeg
beat4less
Common Wiggler

Post by beat4less »

Just reorganized my case. I had a kind of "prepatched by voice" approach, then decide to gather by feature. Hope it will open new things - anyway I spend most of my time to focus on some modules I put on 1 or 2 Intellijel Palette.
I will reduce this system one day, but I have too much to learn and experiment right now.
What madness :lol:
AstroZon
Common Wiggler

Post by AstroZon »

I'm not going to win any Zen awards for this mess, but here it is: Moog 104 Case, SetonixSynth Vented Panel (x2), 4ms Row Power 35, Takaab 2Multi, Cre8Audio Capt'n Big-O Oscillator, Wavefonix 2144 LPF filter, Behringer 1047 Multimode Filter, Behringer 1036 Sample & Hold, Takaab 2Multi, Doepfer A-140-1 Envelope Generator, Koma Elektronik Dual Discrete VCA (open 16 hp.) Also: Korg SQ-1 Sequencer, Mackie Mix8, and (not pictured) Guyatone MD3 Digital Delay, Tokai Z-II Chorus, and off to the left, my very old Yamaha CS-10.

The patch I have it on in the photo is an upright bass sound. I have the CS-10 on saw as it makes a pretty good muted trumpet sound, especially though the chorus pedal. I ran the sequence and played a Miles Davis-ish Bitches Brew jam for a couple hours last night. My wife liked it so much that she said that she's going to buy me a new pair of headphones for my birthday. :hmm:

I'm probably going to sell the 1036 Sample & Hold as I just didn't gel with it.
skinpop
Common Wiggler

Post by skinpop »

Waiting for my local shop to restock Fold 6.

blue noise
Architron
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Architron »

Got something in the making. Who can guess the modules?
Attachments
a brief look.jpg
cbm
Eardrill

Post by cbm »

Here's my setup for a recording session / jam with @scottmoon and Mikko Biffle this weekend:
Chris Muir
Eardrill Archive - http://www.eardrill.com (on permanent vacation)
Eurorack System - https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/2014830
noisewreck
Veteran Wiggler

Post by noisewreck »

Current state:
1780B83A-E136-4A4F-A7EC-1A76A97F282F.jpeg
zuggamasta
Learning to Wiggle

Post by zuggamasta »

Architron wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:06 pm Got something in the making. Who can guess the modules?
Pretty sure there are some Dall-E mixers or Midjourney Oscillators in there somewhere.
riskysafety
Common Wiggler

Post by riskysafety »

zuggamasta wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:16 am
Architron wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:06 pm Got something in the making. Who can guess the modules?
Pretty sure there are some Dall-E mixers or Midjourney Oscillators in there somewhere.
I vote Craiyon (formerly dall e mini)
optx
Common Wiggler

Post by optx »

I recently received my customized foldable rack from Case From Lake.
It's 5 rows each 150hp and weighs about 22kg nearly fully loaded. It's heavy but transportable.

For those who are interested I added the Modulargrid of the rack's current state.

Last edited by optx on Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EASYBOY
Common Wiggler

Post by EASYBOY »

optx wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:23 pm I recently received my custom foldable rack from Case From Lake.
It's 5 rows each 150hp and weighs about 22kg nearly fully loaded. It's heavy but transportable.

For those who are interested I added the Modulargrid of the rack's current state.

Looks great!
Do you have another photo where we can see how the case looks closed?
VileCarrion2022
Learning to Wiggle

Post by VileCarrion2022 »

IMG_20220813_194349.jpg
Its simple, but it works. Need to get better at Nerdseq but man Pams is just so fun!
optx
Common Wiggler

Post by optx »

EASYBOY wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:26 pm
optx wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:23 pm I recently received my custom foldable rack from Case From Lake.

Looks great!
Do you have another photo where we can see how the case looks closed?
here is a video of it from the etsy homepage
folding/unfolding
miles_macquarrie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by miles_macquarrie »

Current setup. Super ergonomic.
Attachments
IMG_3639.jpg

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”