TX-3, Eurorack to Pedal

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

dip_registered
Wiggling with Experience

TX-3, Eurorack to Pedal

Post by dip_registered » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:21 pm

So i just picked up a TX-3 on reverb yesterday. Figured I'd try it out.

Will I need to use a pedal integrator module for this, like the strymon or addac? For subtracting and adding gain on the sends and returns? I want to go in to the TX-3 from modular, and then back to modular.

Also, the CV input on the TX-3, is there such thing as over-voltage damage? Could I just use a simple Floating Ring cable like the Expert Sleepers FR-200 straight from the modular?

Cheers :guinness:
WTB: Schippmann Omega Phi

dip_registered
Wiggling with Experience

Re: TX-3, Eurorack to Pedal

Post by dip_registered » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:08 pm

Appreciate any advice! Cheers!

Yes Powder
Powder that makes you say "Yes"

Post by Yes Powder » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:43 pm

dip_registered wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:08 pm
Appreciate any advice! Cheers!
Not a lot of people have a TX-3, so not a lot of people probably feel comfortable giving you advice. (Also considering that not everyone who owns a TX3 is on the Modz, that narrows the pool even further.)
But if you’re going to be like that, I’m just going to take a shot in the dark and say, “Don’t worry.”
A lot of time when someone asks these kinds of questions about a device, Eric will usually chime in and say something about them being immune to damage from overvoltage. Unless there’s a vactrol involved (which while I’m not home so can’t readily consult my copy of the TX3 schematic I have which Eric so graciously posted here) I’m going to say you’re fine. Tubes are relatively immune to momentary overvoltage damage, unlike many solid-state devices.
Please note that I have no experience with the TX3, and may be talking out of my ass so I take no responsibility for any damages caused by my advice.

Cybananna
Funniest Guy

Post by Cybananna » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:56 pm

I have a TX-3. I can check it out when I get home. The pedal is 12v so I wouldn’t expect that either will hurt each other. You may need to boost the signal from the TX-3 to modular level. If I forget, feel free to DM me and reminded me.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:01 pm

the power supply may be 12VAC but that has nothing to do with the internal voltages. I'm pretty sure there is 240V DC inside. probably your eurorack will not damage your metasonix. the TX-3 probably has a hot output that works good with eurorack. attenuation of audio signals from eurorack would only be a thing if you get distortion that you don't want.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

dip_registered
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dip_registered » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Thanks for your replies! In my haste (and unwarranted bump earlier, I’ll take that) I emailed Eric, he said that cable would work fine for the CV input from Euro.

He said going back to Euro from the TX-3 is not a problem, just need an attenuator to control it if needed.

As for going IN to the TX-3 from modular, I’m still not certain but I have an ADDAC amp module that I’ll go from, and bring the level way down to begin with and see how I go.

Thanks guys, appreciate it

Return to “Metasonix”