OXI ONE - Powerful and expressive sequencer for DAW, MIDI gear and Modular rigs

OXI ONE performative sequencer brought to you by
two partners: Manuel -engineer & project manager and Ales -marketing & administration.

Moderators: Kent, Oxi Instruments, CarlosUnch, manuwind

manuwind
Learning to Wiggle

Re: OXI ONE - Powerful and expressive sequencer for DAW, MIDI gear and Modular rigs

Post by manuwind » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:08 pm

Last days for the campaign! OXI Pipe confirmed and more news to come!

To celebrate the successful campaign, here is a new video made by Mr Carlos!

manuwind
Learning to Wiggle

Re: OXI ONE - Powerful and expressive sequencer for DAW, MIDI gear and Modular rigs

Post by manuwind » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:33 pm

Carlos has done an amazing work replying all the questions.
But if anyone has had any issue trying to support the campaign or any other concern and needs further support, you can reach us at "hello at oxiinstruments dot com".
Thank you all for making this project a reality!! :D

Bilb
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Bilb » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:26 am

manuwind wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:08 pm
OXI Pipe confirmed and more news to come!
Great news! For the Pipe module itself, will it be a powered module with buffers etc or just a passive straight through connection from the HDMI socket to the jacks? Also any word if it'll be available as a DIY kit/panel&PCB set?

CarlosUnch
Common Wiggler

Post by CarlosUnch » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:17 am

Sneak peek into the newly added Euclidean Generator!

ronnieb
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ronnieb » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:23 pm

CarlosUnch wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:17 am
Sneak peek into the newly added Euclidean Generator!
:guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:
You sure you guys don’t need 1 more beta tester? :hihi: :hyper:

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:03 pm

yikes - 10 pages! (I suppose that's very good that there is discussion about this). A search in this subforum didn't bring up anything, so please forgive me if it's already been mentioned.

I just have encountered the fact that (apparently) no current hardware midi sequencer does MPE. Now (i'm not that technically versed), I'd think that all a sequencer would need to be able to do is to record all midi events in multiple channels, and then play them back on the same channels.

Is the One going to have that? I can live without it, but I had presupposed that the pyramid could do this, but it can't (pyramid is very flexible with recording midi events, but can't do this, though it can with 1 track per channel. But that will probably lead me away from using the pyramid for that.

SkudShark
Common Wiggler

Post by SkudShark » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:55 am

Nelson Baboon wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:03 pm

I just have encountered the fact that (apparently) no current hardware midi sequencer does MPE. Now (i'm not that technically versed), I'd think that all a sequencer would need to be able to do is to record all midi events in multiple channels, and then play them back on the same channels.
I’m pretty sure the Linnstrument has a step sequencer and is MPE.
But the Oxi doesn’t have MPE, sadly at this point it doesn’t even have velocity sensitive pads. :(

SnipeCatcher
Common Wiggler

Post by SnipeCatcher » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:01 pm

Any of these out in the wild yet?

thisoldmike
Common Wiggler

Post by thisoldmike » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:22 pm

Nope, according to the Oxi website shipping is estimated to be in November.

SnipeCatcher
Common Wiggler

Post by SnipeCatcher » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:59 am

thisoldmike wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:22 pm
Nope, according to the Oxi website shipping is estimated to be in November.
Thanks! I’m so curious about these. Been on the Cirklon list for ages and ain’t holding my breath. Always wondered about the Pyramid as well, but never tried one. For now, I just sequence midi from my Octatrack, which doesn’t exactly suck :)

Back Down the Path
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Back Down the Path » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:23 am

Looking at the Knobula Poly Cinematic and thinking about it in combination with the chord mode of the OXI…

One question: will OXI send Mod Wheel CCs in a way that allows you to program it into the Poly Cinematic’s chord memory? I realize the OXI has a much better chord sequencer than the basic functionality contained on the Poly, but it would be nice to be able to program the chords in and then just address them with CVs (also cuts out clock issues from running multiple sequencers).

timini
Common Wiggler

Post by timini » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:52 am

any update on shipping?

Slic
Common Wiggler

Post by Slic » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:11 am

Last post was that they were waiting for the BT chips, I don't think manufacturing has started yet.
Hopefully I wont have top wait as long as I have for my Osmose which is now over 2 years!

Return to “OXI Instruments”