minimal_modular
Common Wiggler

Drone in the (bandcamp) news

Post by minimal_modular » Mon May 17, 2021 1:13 pm

thelowerrhythm
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Drone in the (bandcamp) news

Post by thelowerrhythm » Wed May 19, 2021 1:43 am

Thanks for sharing, that's not a bad writeup! I got my ass reamed out in my thesis defense by one of Pauline's students. A brush with fame! Sonic Meditations is incredibly important to my relationship with drone. This summer I'm taking a few of my visual arts students to a residency where I'll program them with modular sound design, and I'm going to have them neck deep in that text.
"Ah yeah, you’ve got that strange blend of apathy and self-flagellation that somehow gets you where you want to go."

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:26 am

thelowerrhythm wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:43 am
Thanks for sharing, that's not a bad writeup! I got my ass reamed out in my thesis defense by one of Pauline's students. A brush with fame! Sonic Meditations is incredibly important to my relationship with drone. This summer I'm taking a few of my visual arts students to a residency where I'll program them with modular sound design, and I'm going to have them neck deep in that text.
Can I read it? I'm not familiar with your research yet.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

thelowerrhythm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by thelowerrhythm » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:24 pm

EATyourGUITAR wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:26 am
thelowerrhythm wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:43 am
Can I read it? I'm not familiar with your research yet.
Not quite yet... this is happening July- Sept. I'm not sure what forms will emerge from it, objects, concept art, writing, etc. The task isn't really to turn the experience into academic writing or anything like that.
"Ah yeah, you’ve got that strange blend of apathy and self-flagellation that somehow gets you where you want to go."

Return to “Synth Drone”